Translation suite bug

Te_Rua

Green Slime
Hey, I'm really glad that I can play this game in my life! I'm really love it.
btw now I'm trying to translate contents into Korean. (I heared one of Korean user made it but don't want to share it with others) so.. I'm using translation suite that developer provided. but matter of Korean chracters' features. it has little uncomfortable method.

in Tools, I think some method trying to refresh this component every 4 characters. for example, to translate into Korean I need to mix consonants and vowels. like ㅇㅏㄴㄴㅕㅇㅎㅏㅅㅣㅂㄴㅣㄲㅏ -> 안녕하십니까. but because of this refreshing bug if I write this sentence without stop, then it shows 안ㄴㅕㅇ하시ㅂㄴㅣㄲㅏ.
it makes me little hard to use this tool x(... if u have times I hope u can fix it

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey there! Glad to hear you're interested in creating a Korean translation :)

That's a pretty interesting problem! It's a bit hard for me to understand exactly what's going on since I can't read Korean. It looks like the first word is correct (like 안) but every second word is written in pieces? Is this what is happening?

Does that happen in the textbox itself, or only in the preview window to the right? Can you upload a screenshot of how it looks after you've written a sentence?

Te_Rua

Green Slime
upload_2016-6-28_1-59-29.png

Well it happened in every textbox. I understand how u feel hard to understand this problem xD...
usually Korean characters are combined 1~3 consonants with single vowel. (가, 각, 갉)
so 안 has ㅇ ㅏ ㄴ (2 consonants, 1 vowel) and 녕 has ㄴㅕㅇ(same with 안) then problem occured after ㄴ of 녕
it can not be combined with vowel and consonant inserted after ㄴ.
and here is another problem that if I insert repeatly a character has 3 consonants and 1 vowel like 홁 (ㅎㅗㄹㄱ) it shows like this.
upload_2016-6-28_2-9-36.png

by the way I will try it on the other laptop tomorrow or Friday. I will reply after then.
thanks for your hard working.

Te_Rua

Green Slime
Well I tried it on laptop but still has same problem...
both of PC has Windows 10.. I hope it helps ur works x(
btw translation can progress by Copy and Paste with notepad ! thx

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Well I tried it on laptop but still has same problem...
both of PC has Windows 10.. I hope it helps ur works x(
btw translation can progress by Copy and Paste with notepad ! thx

Thanks for the info! I hope I can fix it. Copy and Paste with notepad sounds like a lot of extra work!

What happens when you write in Korean in the Description field in the main program (the "main" page with the flag)? Does it still bug out or does the words show up correctly?