Version 0.599d

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.599d

Summary: I know I promised this patch to arrive during the weekend, but I was sidetracked by adding some more stuff than I had originally planned! (I also admittedly blew most of Saturday on Pillars of Eternity...)

Anyways, the main focus of this patch is on Arcade Mode, which has gotten some pretty significant balance changes applied to the healing part, as well as four new floors! Our own testing suggests that the effects are very noticable, but it only feels "fair". I'm actually guessing the new Arcade Mode is roughly as difficult as the old one, despite the new floors! This might seem like a weird non-change, but we feel the difficulty on future floors is going to scale much more smoothly after this.

We've also added a few new items (some of which escaped the patch notes). The ones not listed are Winter's Guard (shield), Armor of Autumn and Summer Greaves. (edit: and a Gift Box Shield!)

Oh, and you can also specify Arcade Mode seeds now, which means you can create a persistent labyrinth! This is mostly for speedrunning, I'd think. Use it with "/seed <whatever>" when in Arcadia

Additions
  • Two Seasonne floors and two Temple of Seasons floors have been added to the Arcade Mode
  • When reaching a new floor with full health, the Health Orb will become a Health Potion, which heals for 20 % of MaxHP on use
  • You can now specify Arcade Mode seed by using /seed, which lowers score by 90 %, reduces Essence and disables Trophies
  • You can now drop items in the ground for other players to pick up (Story Mode only!)
  • There's now a limited range of emotes you can use - see a list with the /emote command!
  • A lot of the things in Seasonne and the Toy Factory now sounds like the stuff they are instead of slimes!
  • A craftable 'Energy Shield' has been added
Changes
  • Puzzle Rewind Plates will now show a 'Gather Friends' popup in multiplayer
  • Bombs no longer detonate from player damage below Hard difficulty
  • Luigi has oiled his shears in Arcadia, muting their sound for now
  • Health Orbs now heal for 35 % of MaxHP in Arcade Mode (up from 20 %)
  • If you didn't take the start room Health Orb on an Arcade Mode floor, you can now come back and take it later
  • Insect Swarm no longer applies a slowing debuff to enemies
Bug Fixes
  • Arcade Mode Fishing Rooms now work properly in Pumpkin Woods and Seasonne
  • Enemies with tons of HP now properly auto destruct at the end of challenge rooms in Arcade Mode
  • Dead players now revive automatically upon defeating Summer & Autumn and the Season Hydras
  • The Zoo boss in Arcade Mode now properly drops an item upon defeat!
  • Persistant spells, such as Shadow Clone, Berserk, Cloud etc should no longer be shut down by Winters first spell
  • Insect Swarm should no longer erase stuff on clients upon casting

Last edited:

Roemer

Green Slime
Thank you so far!
Just played arcade and came to level 12 when it suddenly crashed :(
I do have two events which might help (in German but I'm sure you get the important parts). Seems like a missing asset:
  1. Anwendung: Secrets Of Grindea.exe
    Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
    Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
    Ausnahmeinformationen: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException
    Stapel:
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(System.String)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String, System.Action`1<System.IDisposable>)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String)
    bei SoG.Game1._RogueLike_SetupSeasonChangeScene(Int32)
    bei SoG.Game1._LevelLoading_DoStuff(ZoneEnum, Boolean)
    bei SoG.Game1._Level_Load(SoG.LevelBlueprint, Boolean)
    bei SoG.Game1.__Level_BeginLoadThread()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

2. Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x551a9994
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.3.9600.17278, Zeitstempel: 0x53eeb460
    Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
    Fehleroffset: 0x00012f71
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1ed8
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d06d8e842431fe
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Berichtskennung: 614b9591-d98c-11e4-82d7-10c37b6f0f89
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Pitty that is :( we had a very great run till then!

Furthermore I noticed that when you get a +HP card/gear (like blomo-card) and you were on 100% hp first, you'll afterwards miss a few hp points which can lead to not getting a potion.
Example: you have 146/146 hp, then get a blomo card (+50), now you have 193/196 hp.

Hope you can fix those things.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Roman

ragnarokio

Green Slime
woo, arcade changes.

I'm a big arcade player (200 hours clocked on steam, and 90% of what I play is arcade)

I'm a little sad about the difficulty being turned down, but at least for now it seems harder overall than it was before, so that's good. I did two runs and failed at the christmas machine the first time and at the hydra the second time. Prior to the addition of seasonne I full cleared arcade in around half my runs, so I'm glad that I have to struggle to get to the end again. Hopefully this won't change too much when i get used to the new mechanics.

One thing that does bother me is the first 6-8 floors feel pretty much trivialized. I rarely take damage on floors 1-4. Pumpkin woods used to be the "start" of the run for me in that its where i can start making mistakes that will cost me down the line. With the increased healing, it seems that even if I do fairly badly on the pumpkin woods floors, I still reach the sky temple with roughly all my health. This makes the runs a lot longer and duller at the start.

I really like the content on the later floors, it feels really fast paced, challenging, and fun. The blizzards on the seasonne floors are probably my favourite addition. The addition of buff potions is super cool and adds an extra layer of decision making to the run. The truckload of new items is also making the game feel super fresh to me. I've been forced to make a lot of new decisions on itemization just in those two runs I did.