[Visual] [Audio] Surround inversed

res7less

Jumpkin
I have been playing SoG with a 5.1 system the entire time without having any issues. I recently bought a new one as my old system was getting quite old. And since that, the sound effects are kind of inversed - things that are happening next to my character (charging skills, fighting etc.) are barely heard or not heard at all, while I hear every hopping bunny at the sides of the screen. First, I thought I messed up the setup but then I tried some other games (Skyrim, Stardew Valley, King's Bounty, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter) and there everything was working just fine. I only tried Stardew Valley because it's also XNA, but it doesn't seem to have any surround support whatsoever - all sounds are perceived with the same volume. In any case, not sure what to do here or how to test effectively, where the problem lies.

Edit: Whoopsiedaisies. It looks like that system had one more dual audio cable (yellow and black), which the previous one didn't have and the other games apparently didn't care much. Now it all works just fine and this thread can go in the traaaash.

Last edited:

res7less

Jumpkin
Funny, actually. I have been using the system for almost a week now and didn't notice anything missing. And now, after starting up SoG once, it's like Grindea found a bug in my setup.