[Visual/Gameplay] Multiplayer session bugging out in boss battles

Erimaki

Green Slime
So i just started playing today with a friend (he's the host) and sometimes at boss battles (for example in the arena) when the giant slime appears, my camera suddenly locks and the slime doesnt move on my screen, i know he is still moving around and attacking cause my friend was normaly fighting him + i could see his slime trace that he left while moving/spinning around. Same thing happened to the fairy boss (where you are surrounden by icicle's) at our first attempt, everything went fine, well except that we died, when we respawned after the continue, the icicle's where invisible to me which was kind of annoying cause i still got damage from them.

so if there is already a fix i would love to hear it. otherwise you got something new :p
(sorry no picture, i will make one next time I'll encounter that)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
What version are you both playing and do you experience a lot of lag when you play? :)

(I also changed the title to be a little bit more descriptive. Also, I think you've encountered two different bugs so if you wouldn't mind to make this post into two different ones where we can discuss every bug on it's own it would be much appreciated.) :D

Erimaki

Green Slime
2 bugs? ok i can do that. to the slime it just never happened without the other thing. in short: camera lock + slime not moving was always together

fairy boss with icicles: camera lock + no visual icicle arena (fairys still move around it though)

we didnt actually have any lag issues considering he lives in canada and i live in germany oO i find that amazing because in a lot of games there is a certain amount of delay but it didnt occur so far.

and thanks for changing the title

where should i split the bug report though? and what do they fall under?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
2 bugs? ok i can do that. to the slime it just never happened without the other thing. in short: camera lock + slime not moving was always together

fairy boss with icicles: camera lock + no visual icicle arena (fairys still move around it though)

we didnt actually have any lag issues considering he lives in canada and i live in germany oO i find that amazing because in a lot of games there is a certain amount of delay but it didnt occur so far.

and thanks for changing the title

where should i split the bug report though? and what do they fall under?
Actually, if the camera locking was always paired with the other weird thing then it's probably the same bug. I think we can skip splitting the post. :)

votex09

Green Slime
Same thing happened to me with the GigaSlime. Only happened to me when using Hamachi. I have little information or ways to test that though.

KuTcH

Green Slime
When we first reached the slime boss the bosses health bar goes away and procedes to be stuck mid air and the player who joins cant see what's happening and cannot fight it

KuTcH

Green Slime
Mainly when fighting in arena (only where i seen it happen) when im connected to my friend and vice versa if we do arena battles against a boss as an example giga slime. there a big chance that either the boss freezes in the air and i/he can't see where he moves. The health bar goes missing from the screen (usually signifies he is going to get stuck) how ever i do see the slime and goo he spawns. Mind you we tested this on both hosts and connections.

Minor bug* if i get ressurected while a friend is standing in door way i get revived but remain a ghost. I will report as many as i can do to the fact that im addicted to this game. bought it first day today played 14 hours