What is your best arcade mode highscore?

Sastron

Green Slime
I bought the game a few days ago and I really like it. Arcade mode is the most fun for me since you can't farm bosses atm (<3 gun-d4m hard). How far did you get and what is your best highscore?

So far I only got to the end of floor 7 with about 449k points but I am sure that I can beat it soon as I am really having a blast with my latest build.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I have never gotten past floor 6 because I've been using 1h. :( It's really hard to use on later levels and since I've been going with a single target build it's been pretty hard to reach the top. But I can tell you that 1h with Shadow Clone can get you to floor 5. After that it's so hard and you have to spend so much time kiting that I find it pointless to even try. 2h has been working out better for me in Arcade since I can safely deal with multiple enemies at the same time.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
For 2h I've been using the spin to win build. :D I heard someone was using the Whirlwind + cloud so I've been doing that one. I'm still trying to beat the Red Giga Slime so... Getting past floor 4 isn't something that is happening yet. :p

Sastron

Green Slime
I am currently playing with a really simple magic build for "progress runs". I start with one point in cloud and start maxing insect swarm after this but I am thinking about using the def support too.

When I am going for S rank floors I play with a 1h spec that consists of shadow clones and dashing strike but I only managed to get the first double s so far.

In the future I will test saving points (instead of upgrading anything higher than one) to get other important specs like 1h or 2h later on in the run as it is in my opinion not really important to put more than one point in a skill but it really helps to play something different in certain situations and I don't really feel the need to ever sell or buy anything.

Last edited:

Weredeer

Green Slime
My highest score is 637k, died to the 8th floor boss. I've been trying to kill the red giga slime but figured it's pretty impossible.

Donald

Rabby
Im having a blast playing, but Im terrible at blocking. I have improved, yesterday I was playing under Delrith. Today, the random sprite generator gave me a name as well, so I took it and I tried out a new build. But I think I realized my issue is that I focus on single target builds, even though you can make Fireball hit multiple enemies.....its a pain to pull off frequently...but with fireball I can consistently get to floor 4. Thinking of trying a whirlslash/cloud build
tumblr_n4khko9D4P1t3404zo1_1280.png

I always say,

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sastron

Green Slime
Since you can cheat in any offline game a screenshot doesn't really help but I also don't think that is the point of the thread. I love seeing people share their experiences, builds, and emotions :) If you really care more about the competition a video proof would always be necessary.

Donald

Rabby
Its so nice and tidy to just screen cap it ;3, then you get to see all the random characters too. But yeah people could go all photoshop on something

Weredeer

Green Slime
I don't think people would go through the trouble to photoshop fake score but here's a pic for proof

Attachments

• grindeahighscore.png
    grindeahighscore.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 41

RNorthex

Green Slime
F7 around...450k?
my only problem are the wisps and wisp generators, for some reason, i -constantly- end up with that orange crystal shielded and those things that shield it keep running away
if that happens, i just know there's no way i'll make it through, i also need to work on my way of dealing with wisps

Koga

Green Slime
Pics or it didn't happen!

Cheat engine is a thing though, so everyone is a liar. =P
(Video proof required or didn't happen)
Haha