Add an anti-flinch talent/card

Dinodinodude

Green Slime
I was grinding up some presents/gifts in the toy factory to get their cards (It was very chaotic)20160424150805_1.jpg
and I kept getting hit by the bombs mid-attack. I just stuck to normal attacks and the spirit slash because my other attacks kept getting interrupted. If I'm not mistaken, there is no way in-game (as of writing this post) to counter-act that. But why not? Having an upgradable talent or a lateish-game card to counter-act flinching would be beneficial in many situations. If it were a talent, it would prevent flinching from attacks that take away below a certain % of your health, and that % would increase at higher levels. A card would simply negate any flinching when an attack is in progress (Or entirely).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
M8. This is chaotic.

AAFAC65691A42D136F794AA07C85F21D9E20292D

Anyway, I'd completely agree, if not remove it altogether. It just gets frustrating, and seems to have no practical purpose.

Dinodinodude

Green Slime
M8. This is chaotic.

AAFAC65691A42D136F794AA07C85F21D9E20292D

Anyway, I'd completely agree, if not remove it altogether. It just gets frustrating, and seems to have no practical purpose.

Mine got a fair bit crazier than that after taking the screenshot, but WOW.

IDK if the developers put in flinching to make skills something you need to prep for more, but if that's not the case I'd like to see it removed as well.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It might be, but everyone does that anyway, and it means you can't do a panic rage and destroy everything, it has to be a controlled rage. I'm still not a fan of that though.

Well, I did post a Talent suggestion of this matter:

Unflinching Will - While charging or using a skill, gain a 20% chance per talent level of resisting knockback and cancelling. Max level 5. (Would be great for tank/DPS builds.)
I know it sounds a bit OP at first but you are spending possible points for extra damage or health and such so...Yeah. :p

So I guess that automatically makes me support this idea. :p

Pharphis

Rabby
I like the above suggestion but think 100% reduction is too much. Either have a means of reducing the duration OR the likelihood (or both, I guess) but don't make it 100%. Something like 20-50% is plenty imo.

When it comes to wanting to charge skills you can always perfect guard. In fact, I think that's pretty much the entire point (and also to balance the fact that melee gets crit 100% after perfect guard)

I like the above suggestion but think 100% reduction is too much. Either have a means of reducing the duration OR the likelihood (or both, I guess) but don't make it 100%. Something like 20-50% is plenty imo.
Having to rely on RNG would just make me not want to invest in it at all honestly, the only reason I invested into Chill and Burn is because those are added bonuses with no penalty if they don't trigger. (And well, Insult to Injury.)

I don't know how you could fix it while keeping the bonus other than making you not get invincibility time when hit, if that was a thing it'd be great for grinding chumps but not too good in 'normal' use.
When it comes to wanting to charge skills you can always perfect guard. In fact, I think that's pretty much the entire point (and also to balance the fact that melee gets crit 100% after perfect guard)
You can't perfect guard when you're surrounded by bombs from Presents. (And that's just one example, being surrounded in general doesn't make blocking viable.)