Additional archery minigames?

Own

I really like Robin's minigame, but I would like to see other ones in the future if it's at all possible. :) Some random ideas could be:

Guess Who - You're given a vague description of any one of the NPCs in the game. For example: 'Sweet and spooky' (Candy), 'Sweeping up a storm' (Broomie), 'Rhymes smong slimes' (The poet guy outside Startington). Or you could just have their name listed, if not descriptions of them. After the description/name pops up, 5-10 portraits whirl past the the front row of the minigame. You need to shoot the face icon that matches the person. Then two names / descriptions are given, 5-10 portraits on the second row that goes past after the first row is finished. Three for the final, using all three rows.

Splitter Slime - You have one giant slime bouncing off the walls of the shooting range in a set pattern, not bound to gravity but in perpetual motion. Shooting it causes it to divide into two smaller slimes which go in opposite directions. And so on, and so until the smallest version is popped. Slimes can bounce off of each other, making them trickier to hit.. The point of this shooting minigame could be to try and shoot as many of the bouncing slimes as possible or to wipe them all out with the arrows you're given within the time limit.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm definitely up for adding some more archery minigames! Or, rephrased, "there will definitely be more archery minigames in the game" :p

I like all of the suggested variants so far!

What do you think about adding archery to the Arcade Mode challenge room pool? (I have a vague memory that it might've been suggested even)

Reactions: Own

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
What do you think about adding archery to the Arcade Mode challenge room pool? (I have a vague memory that it might've been suggested even)
I'm down for some more variety in the challange rooms. I know that there are achievements for completing every challange room that can be found in a certain floor so adding more of them to the mix would make the achievement sound a bit too hard IMO but I guess that could always be changed. I would prefere an Archery Challange Room over a Kill The Monsters In Order Room on the lower levels as those can be really tough before you level up. That is if you wanna replace some rooms rather than just adding more too the current pool of available rooms.

Own

Seems like it would be easy to set up archery challenges in arcade.

Floors 1-2: Bees. 1 HP bees are in this room, but you can't do anything - including shield - but use your bow. Snipe them before time runs out, or within # arrows?

Floors 3-4: Instead of bees, one elite boar that never stops charging. Needs ? arrows to take down.

Floora 5-6: Ghosts! Each one has 1 HP, you have to snipe them right as they appear and charge at you.

Floors 7-8: A swarm of either 1 HP orb shooter enemies, or 5 shielder crystals that have 1 HP and need to be shot in order to shoot down a 1 HP brawler bot, like my challenge sidequest idea for the Flying Fortress from a while back.

I'm sure there are better ideas than those, though.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Seems like it would be easy to set up archery challenges in arcade.

Floors 1-2: Bees. 1 HP bees are in this room, but you can't do anything - including shield - but use your bow. Snipe them before time runs out, or within # arrows?

Floors 3-4: Instead of bees, one elite boar that never stops charging. Needs ? arrows to take down.

Floora 5-6: Ghosts! Each one has 1 HP, you have to snipe them right as they appear and charge at you.

Floors 7-8: A swarm of either 1 HP orb shooter enemies, or 5 shielder crystals that have 1 HP and need to be shot in order to shoot down a 1 HP brawler bot, like my challenge sidequest idea for the Flying Fortress from a while back.

I'm sure there are better ideas than those, though.
That's a cool take on the current Kill In Order Rooms. The Sniping also sounds fun as you mostly wouldn't even use the bow against an enemy like the bee. :)