Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

Jackal

Green Slime
Okay, so I'm relatively new to the forums and don't particularly have the patience to sift through everything to find what I'm after so I had a few questions to ask about the gameplay.

First is in regard to the card system: first I'd just like to say I love the way you've done it, it's excellent and for my style of play (heavily reliant on sustained and passive abilities) I never have to worry about it. As of now, the most recent update (599h I think) I have all monster cards currently available to me and those from Seasonne and Season Temple have unwritten and/or unimplemented effects and I was wondering when you were going to work on those more.

Secondly is in regard to the passive me lee abilities and the large chunk of unused support powers, again, wondering when you were going to create and implement those in the game.

Third and lastly is: are the talents finalised? Because as a numbers guy, I've found that Genereal and Magic talents total 42 each whereas the melee abilities only total 38. Because these are my priority, (and I was already voicing several opinions) was wondering if these had any plans to be expanded or otherwise upgraded/improved upon.

If a Pixel Ferret could take the time to put answers to my queries that would be greatly appreciated otherwise it's all good, I'll find out when you release future updates. After all it's not an easy thing you've set yourselves to completing but I am definitely looking forward to playing the full version when you at last finish it and as a final praise to your work: you have yet another fan, I was hooked to this game before I even pre-ordered the game, while I was still playing the demo. So thanks for making the game.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the game :D

The effects for the new cards are slated to reach Frontline on Monday/Tuesday when we patch in the gold charges!

We have no definite ETA on when we'll implement a proper set of Support spells. It might be a long while!

Talents are not finalized! The amount of talents available in the end will be between 2-3 times as many as there are now. Additional talents will most likely make it into the game after our next Story-period (= we'll work on the story for quite a while after the next patch, and then focus for a while on fleshing out systems). I can't give an exact ETA! As gamedevs, we are naturally terrible at providing estimates.

Enfyny

Green Slime
Which cards are available for now? In my card Album there is only 6 black (unknown) cards, last 6 cards. So, i missed Yeti, Frostling Scoundrel, and what are 4 remaining?

Enfyny

Green Slime
Thanks!

And one more question. I would like to reset my skills and try other builds, magic may be, or summons build, but it cost sooo much for respec and i'm afraid of wrong desisions. Is there any way to disable autosave function or something like that to try different builds?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Currently, while the game is in beta, you can do the /respec command to refund all skill and talent points. If you really want to mess around, you can do what I did and do the /equip command for a bunch of free gear, /skillpoint command a few times to get a bunch of free silver and gold skill points and talent points, and do the /setevel command to get you to whatever level you want! You could try setting it to 10000 just to whizz through the story, then set it back down to level 18 or whatever you are to test on specific enemy groups, or set it to 10000 up until the boss you want to practice on, then back down to your current level. Sadly I think most of these commands will be removed in the full release to avoid taking the fun out of story :p

Enfyny

Green Slime
Oh wow! I don't even know about such a comands! /skillpoint is realy will helps me to try some builds! Of course i will do it on new character, i just want to check few build, because i almost complete the storyline with two-handed weapon and i always used only 2 skills: Whirlslash and Berserker Style and still it wasn't boring at all, imagine there is still 1 handed weapon school and 4 elements magic, sweeeet~. Now i'm gonna look on all builds and going to Arcade mode or Hard-story may be.

Gibbi

Green Slime
I had a couple questions

First: Will there ever be a way to manually recover heal? Such as potions, healing spells, or health steal on attacks?

Second: When will passive skills be implemented and what type of passives will they be?

Third: When are some of the newer bosses going to be refightable?

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
First: Will there ever be a way to manually recover heal? Such as potions, healing spells, or health steal on attacks?
Currently, no such things are planned! We used to have both a heal spell and health potions, but we ended up removing them since we felt the game was better without them. This way, the game is more about mastering the encounter(s) rather than grinding enough health potions to survive.

Second: When will passive skills be implemented and what type of passives will they be?
The passive skills on the Melee- and Support trees will actually be removed in the next patch, as we added the Talent system a while back instead. Each level you get one Skill Point and one Talent Orb, the Talent Orb can be spent on passive talents in the talent tree :)

Third: When are some of the newer bosses going to be refightable?
We're not sure when we'll add more bosses to the Memory Room. Right now we want to focus on adding more entries to the main storyline, since the newer bosses don't drop any items anyway. Perhaps we'll add a few more after finishing the next dungeon if they're in high demand :)

HexZyle

Boar
Currently, no such things are planned! We used to have both a heal spell and health potions, but we ended up removing them since we felt the game was better without them. This way, the game is more about mastering the encounter(s) rather than grinding enough health potions to survive.

This is brilliant how you've done this. Another action RPG game that heavily enforces dodging and blocking attacks, Spiral Knights also does something very similar and is brilliant for it: there are no healing items or skills, except for the odd heart that drops from enemies (respawning enemies do not drop health) and the odd health pill (which you can only carry 3 of at a time, and upon leaving the dungeon you lose them)

Question, do you have plans for more weapon types? (and skills to go with them?)
I'm not talking about outrageously token things like dual-wielding, but just minor variations of what we have now, like blunt weapons (maces/hammers), and MAYBE spears? (quarterstaves seems like it might be a lot of animation work though) The ability to block any attack is crucial in many areas I believe, so I'm all for keeping that with most weapon styles. Hmm. Maybe I should put this in the suggestions subforum.

Very much looking forward to the release of more support spells though

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Right now we haven't planned any additional weapon types until the game is finished. I know a lot of people would like to see more variations (one of the most popular suggestions seems to be fist weapons), but if we add stuff like that it'd most likely be post release or after everything else is done!

After all, we still have a pretty long way to go before the main story is finished, so that's what we'd like to focus on for now :)

Gibbi

Green Slime
When will we, if we can't already, buy the sound track for the game? Or will that come out on full release?

Enoen

Rabby
Will we have unique moveset weapons like vilya's wicked double ended blade and Lord Assucker's rapier? Their fighting styles look like they can be expanded upon.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
When will we, if we can't already, buy the sound track for the game? Or will that come out on full release?
If you buy the Jumpkin-tier (or higher) from our website you get access to the soundtrack which gets updated as we receive new songs! Once the game is done I believe the plan is to offer it on steam etc as well, as a standalone purchase.

Will we have unique moveset weapons like vilya's wicked double ended blade and Lord Assucker's rapier? Their fighting styles look like they can be expanded upon.
Honestly this is not super likely to happen due to the number of unique animations we'd have to make for just a single weapon which may not even be used or seen by a majority of the players. At least personally I'd prefer that effort on Fred's side to be spent on another enemy, more flavor animations or other things that can be enjoyed by all :)

But then again, never say never!

Will story mode ever get the quick level that arcade has?
Maybe! We haven't decided yet. On one hand it is more efficient for sure, on the other it might discourage people from browsing new spells & talents in story mode if it appears to soon.

HexZyle

Boar
Maybe! We haven't decided yet. On one hand it is more efficient for sure, on the other it might discourage people from browsing new spells & talents in story mode if it appears to soon.

Only enable it at level 11 then? By then the player will have either two level 5 skills (and will need to open the skill menu to unlock a new skill with their unspent silver point) or will have points spent across a myriad of skills which would really benefit from the Quick Level menu.