Boss Guide.*Spoilers!*

haneko

Green Slime
this thread is meant to be used as a boss strategy guide so because its a strategy guides there are going to be some spoilers. this is to help some people fight bosses were it might not seem so easy to defeat them this is to help them understand the bosses patterns and help them become better fighters.

I will be testing boss fights to list the patterns I will also list the type of tactics to use for all builds.

Boss Name:
Specie:
Class:-(dynamic or static)
Patterns:-(ill give the pattern its name and the description of what it does)
General Tactics:-(tactics for all builds)

Boss list:
-Vilya (first boss)
-Giant Slime (second boss)
-Phaseman (third boss)
-Gund4m(fourth boss)
-
-
-
-
-

I have decided to remove builds. this should be a separate guide.

!disclaimer! because I would like to make this a boss guide I would greatly appreciate if members were to read only. if you have information about a boss or build you can send me a message. you can also email me at lance_hycross@yahoo.ca with the subject being "Boss info" or "Build info". Thank you for reading this.

Boss Name: Vilya
Specie:human
class: dynamic
Pattern: this is an annoying boss in story mode. not only you have to move around a lot but you have very little space to run in with the story mode fight.so far here's what she likes to do

1st pattern is often her trying to do a 2-3 hit combo of basic attack.

The second pattern is more annoying as she does the first melee skill a lot and on the bridge there isn't a lot of fighting room.

General tactics: just run around her in circles until she does that dash and hit her only when she's stunned.

Boss Name: Giant Slime
Specie: Slime
class: Dynamic
Patterns: he is a boss with a few patterns worth mentioning.

-He jumps a lot and occasionally tries to land on you. can only be damaged when he's on the ground

-He spreads slime around to make it difficult to move away.

-he spits out a bunch of little slimes to try and swarm you.

-when you hit past the mid hp section, he occasionally turns into a spiky wheel and tried to ram into you. boss is invincible while in that form.

General tactics: try to stay on the move and pay attention to what's happening with the slimes and the gooey floor when he tries to jump and land on you or do the spiky wheel that chases you. get that one hit in and back off. youll be doing a lot of running with this boss.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You could insert spoilers like this one
this is a spoiler
if you don't want people to see the information straight away. :p

haneko

Green Slime
I don't really know how to do that so I figure warning with the title would ward off some of the spoiler sensitive people. also this is my first boss walkthrough on a forum. Im doing a lot of testing for the slime boss right now...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You can either write it in manually like so:
Code:
[SPOILER="Spoiler title goes here, if you want one"]Spoiler text goes here[/SPOILER]
If you don't want a title:
[SPOILER]Spoiler text goes here[/SPOILER]

Or, there's a button in the toolbar when you write a message, next to the "Media" button, called "Insert...". Spoilers, quotes, code and strikethrough can all be found there :p

Zenene

Green Slime
It could be helpful if you, in conjunction with listing out types of builds, also list types of strats- a speedrunner strat, for instance, will likely be different than a first timer's aide to getting through it, non?

haneko

Green Slime
I understand that but my guide is to get familiar with the boss tactics. speed runs is often a high damage build to take out a boss in as few hits as possible to save time.

im not a speed runner so I wouldn't know about most effective speed running tactics to reduce the amount of frames.

ill edit soon almost done testing the slime. that boss room is very handy for the other bosses.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I understand that but my guide is to get familiar with the boss tactics. speed runs is often a high damage build to take out a boss in as few hits as possible to save time.

im not a speed runner so I wouldn't know about most effective speed running tactics to reduce the amount of frames.

ill edit soon almost done testing the slime. that boss room is very handy for the other bosses.
In Secrets of Grindea the speedrunning strategy is very similar to the normal strategy with only a few differences that require some very accurate blocking. Taking information about the strategy used in the currently best record of the game all the way up to after Queen Bee shouldn't be hard if you just follow the discussion and watch the videos posted in this thread: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...s-of-grindea-speedruns.5760/page-5#post-18469

haneko

Green Slime
I work usually on the getting familiar with the boss that's why speed runs are beyond me. I cant pay attention to everything on that level.

Zenene

Green Slime
Still, speed runs are viable strats that are worth including for the sake of players that might like that sort of style. It wouldn't really require any effort on your part save watching a few videos. You don't have to make up the strats yourself (that would take forever) if you have a hard time with it or if you just don't want to. There are plenty of experienced players who each have found their own ways through the fights that can help with that part of things. Don't just exclude a strat because you can't keep up with what's going on well enough to do them, yeah? Let others test out those for ya. S'all I'm sayin'. :)

haneko

Green Slime
ok but for now im going to at least beat those boss to know their patterns. nothing beats first hand experience.