Co-Op Tips & Tricks ~Your guide to a smooth co-op experience~

Discussion in 'Co-Op & Matchmaking' started by Vilya, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Thalldor

Thalldor Green Slime

I'm use to hunting for hackers and while the ones that you may be use to will hack everything there are some that are careful and plan their stuff only giving them a big enough advantage but not enough to cause suspicion. You are correct that the amount healed would be shown but I believe hackers can still make it where the health orb stays on the floor for ever despite being picked up. But you are correct that the majority of hackers would probably just hack everything.

2. GilVallus

GilVallus Green Slime

Would using a tiny HP bar similar to the Frosty Friend's work? aside from displaying EP or status effects it would be the simplest as far as I can gather.

3. Tibbysan

Tibbysan Green Slime

That sounds awesome, or maybe something in the corner of the screen like in mmos. :D

4. GoodStuff

GoodStuff Friendly Moderator :)

Maybe there could be an ! popping up above the head of players when a health orb drop and depending on the color you could see who has the lowest HP? That way people would not accidently steal it from someone that needs it and everyone would see who needs it the most. :p

5. Vilya

Vilya Developer Staff Member

Yeah, it's most likely something like that we'll be going for :)

6. GilVallus

GilVallus Green Slime

Health orbs could be put in the same family as arrows and become unattainable if your HP is full. That way you may get some floating red orbs all over the place, but your friends don't get gimped and die a room later or something.

7. Tibbysan

Tibbysan Green Slime

Oh wow! I really love that Idea! :D It makes sense too!

8. Dzed

Dzed Green Slime

Can you add a Co-op for like 16 players, and add a competition type version where you race to finish a story?

9. Vilya

It's rather unlikely, as it's not the kind of game we're trying to make! Sounds like it would be a cool idea for another game though :)

10. Dzed

Dzed Green Slime

okay

11. Dzed

Dzed Green Slime

Will PVP ever exist?

12. Vilya

It will, in the arena! We probably won't spend a lot of time balancing it, though, it will just be for fun (so if one build happens to pwn the others, that's prolly how it's gonna be) :)

13. Dzed

Dzed Green Slime

Basically, the 2-Handed smash will wreck any other class because it does over 1000 damage?

14. Dzed

Dzed Green Slime

Just wondering, does the Vilya in the game resemble you?

15. Vilya

Haha, not really - it's just the name we share :)

...Though I do yell at the IRL-versions of Teddy and Fred every once in a while when they're being silly, so maybe we share a bit of personality too! ;)

res7less likes this.
  16. Tibbysan

Tibbysan Green Slime

Hm, a thought accured to me last night watching my Fiancee play Stardew Valley, what about a food crafting system to help with heath regein? :)

17. The G-Meister

The G-Meister Giga Slime

It feels like they'd become the next necessity to farm up before boss fights, and I don't think that's the route the Devs are going down :(

18. Tibbysan

Tibbysan Green Slime

Hm... You're right. It was just a thought anyways. :) I am most happy about the HP bar thing. :D