[Gameplay] Can't place teleport plate at flying fortress

Dee

Green Slime
Hi all, The quest "The Ancient Temple" is glitched for me even though I have beaten all of the game that is available and this quest is part of the 'Main Quest' Type which means I am robbed of a Talent Orb sadly because it has not completed. The first two steps of the quest are complete detailed "Enter the Pumpkin Woods, south east of Evergrind City." and "Find the Ancient Temple". I am missing the part of the quest that says "Place and activate the Teleportation Plate".

I have the ability to teleport to the Flying temple. I believe it might have been because I could have walked around the original teleport plate that was on the ground before initially going into the temple when it was landbound and not skybound. Now the destroyed earth makes it so that I cannot access the old one.

Wondering if there is anything I can do, mainly because I would love to have that talent orb reward but also because the completionist in me wants to see this quest finished.

-A Dedicated Gamer

Attachments

• Grindeaquesterror.jpg
    Grindeaquesterror.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 8

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That game behaviour sounds like you have a really old version. Which version is showing in the main menu?

Dee

Green Slime
That game behaviour sounds like you have a really old version. Which version is showing in the main menu?
Hi Mr Chocodemon, thanks for responding! The version is 0.710B, I believe this is the most recent besides the frontline update to be on the newest patches.

Attachments

• Grindeaversion.jpg
    Grindeaversion.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 3

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
It's far too new for this kind of bug... damn. I hate to say this, but if you can bear, playing the first few missions, I'd recommend deleting the world save. When you just delete the world save, you keep every item, level, perk, card etc. but all story progress will be lost. You are so early in the game, that I think this might be the only viable way.

The save file in question can be found at a similar folder path:
C:\Users\Your_User_Name_Here\AppData\Roaming\Secrets of Grindea\worlds\

Dee

Green Slime
It's far too new for this kind of bug... damn. I hate to say this, but if you can bear, playing the first few missions, I'd recommend deleting the world save. When you just delete the world save, you keep every item, level, perk, card etc. but all story progress will be lost. You are so early in the game, that I think this might be the only viable way.

The save file in question can be found at a similar folder path:
C:\Users\Your_User_Name_Here\AppData\Roaming\Secrets of Grindea\worlds\

Thank you for your assistance! I went and deleted the world save, time to start fresh! It is unfortunate seeing as I had completed everything except for Tia Ming but I don't mind replaying it all :) .
I just had one thing to ask - I had deleted the files but it seems though they might be backed-up from steam or elsewhere, each time I delete and relaunch the game, I am back in Tia Ming. (I apologize, my knowledge of appdata area and save files is limited, I just went in the folder that said worlds and sent those to recycle bin and then emptied the recycle bin). If you happen to know how to fully delete the world save that would assist me in my endeavors~ thank you for taking the time to assist me!

Dee

Green Slime
Thank you for your assistance! I went and deleted the world save, time to start fresh! It is unfortunate seeing as I had completed everything except for Tia Ming but I don't mind replaying it all :) .
I just had one thing to ask - I had deleted the files but it seems though they might be backed-up from steam or elsewhere, each time I delete and relaunch the game, I am back in Tia Ming. (I apologize, my knowledge of appdata area and save files is limited, I just went in the folder that said worlds and sent those to recycle bin and then emptied the recycle bin). If you happen to know how to fully delete the world save that would assist me in my endeavors~ thank you for taking the time to assist me!

I figured it out ~ Thanks again! I just went into steam and right clicked game and made sure it wasn't synching with steam cloud so that it didn't constantly give my file back haha. Have a wonderful evening MrChocodemon!

Attachments

• Grindeasaved.jpg
    Grindeasaved.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 0

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Wait a sec, you said you'd completed everything but Tai Ming right? I've got a world save just here with all main quests done up to that point, though you may have to go through and blitz the sidequests again.

Attachments

• Cursed Priestess.zip
    531 bytes · Views: 2

Dee

Green Slime
Thank you for the offer for the world save but I am currently enjoying my replay through. I am not using Frontline currently or previously. I have also never tried the blink ability if there is one, I merely walked around the first time I believe, it has been quite some time since I did it originally.