[Gameplay] Dodging Strike through a door lengthens charging distance

Rokker

Halloweed
This was a fun bug!
Can't wait to find places to use it to find bugged areas :)

Using Doding Strike to jump backwards through a door will make the charge-attack distance almost three times longer upon execution.
To replicate this just stand with your back to a doorway (doesn't work on map borders) and hold (or tap; see below) the Dodging Strike.
The character will jump inside (or outside) the building and will still be charging. When the key is released the character will travel almost three times as far during the charge-attack than normal.

Additional bug: If one quickly taps the button to jump backwards through a door then the charging of the Dodging Strike is very probable to stick. Meaning that the character will continue charging the skill without any keys being pressed. The 3*distance-bug above will apply here as well if Dodging Strike is tapped again without breaking the original charge.

Dodging_Strike_bug.png

So, I was messing around with this skill and doors, and it appears that when you dodge into a door, you will get warped into the house while keeping the skill charging stance.

When I repress the button, I now dash sooooooo far from where I started.

I don't know if this is the maximum gold charge dash since I've never got it.

But that happends.

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

bgauch

Green Slime
Dodging Strike occurs in two halves: the dash backwards and the dash forwards. The dash forwards can be delayed indefinitely after the dash backwards, while the player charges. This all seems to be intended.

What is probably not intended only occurs when using the first half of Dodging Strike to exit an area - and even then, only occurs when going between areas that do not trigger a "Loading..." screen, but instead merely fade to black briefly. This kind of loading zone seems to be mainly used for entering and leaving small buildings, but is also used to connect the main town to the outdoors of Grindea HQ. The unintended behavior is that, if the backwards dash went through such a zone, the forward dash goes about twice as far as usual. This appears to happen every time under these circumstances.

I'm guessing this is because you always dash forwards the same distance you dashed backwards - but because you were teleported a short distance backwards in the middle of the backwards dash, it thinks the backwards dash was longer, so it makes the forward dash longer.

Allowing a bigger Dodging Strike forward dash under these extremely limiting circumstances does not seem to be a problem at all, as far as I'm concerned. I'm only including this report so that the devs know that weird things can happen due to the small teleports between areas without a "Loading..." screen, in case a more serious bug later arises.