[Gameplay] Festival: Teleported after Vilya's fight; Save file now unplayable

destalin

Green Slime
Hi there! This occurred during the Festival.

After Vilya's fight (& combing through Ivy's room), I found myself low on HP & decided to teleport out to Evergrind. Thought it'd be faster to find my father anyway, which was the next task.

I couldn't find him outside, & went back into the castle. However, whilst going back to HQ Lab to find him, I found that the game had returned to the earlier cutscene where we find Ivy taking a look at our artifacts. Additionally, whilst there is an exclamation mark above the baking soda, the item is no longer there, and I'm unable to pick it up – thus not being able to continue with the game.

Is there any way I could edit my save file to return to that moment, so I can continue without losing my progress?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You're in luck - there just happens to be a way to restore backup files! I've made a video on it in this article here in case you're interested. In your case you might want to try a couple backups back rather than the most recent one. Sorry for the slow pace in the video, it's designed for people who aren't amazing with computers :D

destalin

Green Slime
Thanks G-Meister, this worked like a charm – only lost an hour of progress (because I wasn't prudent in ensuring my autosaves weren't overwritten)! Cheers bro!!