[Gameplay] Save deletion on steam deck

Eleguak

Green Slime
Dunno if it's a steam deck specific bug, but currently suffering from saves being wiped for secrets of Grindea on the system.

Replicating the bug is simple for me, but dunno if it'll be for others.

>Simply on steam deck, load account with game
>Make game save
>Exit game via save and quit, and exiting the main menu
>Switch steam Accounts to a separate account on the same device
>Switch back steam accounts to first account
>Load game
>Realize all saves are now wiped and gone.

There may be extra variables to this, so I'll list a few for more details.

-The two accounts this is happening with can 'share' games (it's my s.o.'s account).

-My S.O. did load up the game to play on her account on the device. When she did so, there were no saves, but we figured this may have been account specific, so we didn't question it (but maybe the saves were already wiped by then).

-As far as I'm aware simply the act of switching steam account profiles on the steam deck wipes saves (or maybe hides them within the Linux steamapps compatdata?). It does this if profiles are switched and no games are played on the second profile, then switched back.

-May be vaguely related to cloud saves/data? Unsure, it tries to sync to cloud hijinks when loading, the game during booting, but that's probably conjecture.

-If steam profiles are not 'switched' saves stay upon rebooting the game after exiting it and/or restarting the steam deck hardware (meaning it's not caused due to the system doing a soft reboot when switching profiles Id guess).

Hopefully this can be figured out and sorted. It honestly may just be stupid Linux based hijinks at the end of the day tbh.

Thanks for the game guys, been watching and waiting for it's full release for years now, just bummed I lost my progress because of this.

Own

Can you check and see if backups of your saves are in this folder? I'm not sure how the Steam Deck works, but this is the advice most people use to resolve this issue.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Secrets of Grindea

Eleguak

Green Slime
Hey there,

So after some digging into the Linux based steamos compatdata folder, I finally found the emulated C drive that holds secrets of Grindea (it's the 269770 folder in the compatdata folder for me, but may be different for other people on steam deck) and...

Yeah the backups folder in the location of that emulated C drive do have all the saves that are seemingly being wiped between switching profiles.