[Gameplay] Vine teleport buggery.

Own

I have no idea how I stumble across these bizarre bugs.

So, I went to fight Winter since I had a crazy new idea of how to survive his blizzard blasts in Arcade Mode, when I leave the battle at 1 HP.

Well, damn. I go out, hop down the vines, then realize - wait, I don't have to go anywhere. ESC slightly below the vines, pop open the town portal and go up. I go into the town portal at the same time I start climbing upwards. Uh-oh.

Arriving in town, no doorways, exits or portals can be used.

upload_2015-4-28_6-55-44.png

I'm... 99% sure no one else will run into this and it's reset by going to the main menu and loading back in, so it's low priority. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You seem to be a professional bug discoverer... Scrolling down the list on the bug reports page I can see at least 70% of the bugs have been discovered by you :p

Got a spare microscope and a few tips and tricks? :p

Own

Honestly, any game I play I end up stumbling onto some nasty bug just by playing normally. I think most people either A) Don't notice them or B) Just restart the game without a second thought.

It also helps that I play so much Arcade Mode, due to A Wizard's Lizard running poorly on my system and the Binding of Isaac DLC update being so far off. Eventually you notice small things that don't seem quite right, inconsistencies between runs.

Replaying areas of Story Mode with friends via multiplayer helps too, since if there's 2-4 people one of you will likely notice something strange if it happens.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You find the weirdest bugs, indeed ;D

It would be cool if someone ran into something like this, but that enabled some speedrun tactics! This sounds more of a no-run tactic, though :D

Gibbi

Green Slime
While in the temple of the seasons, i ended up using a teleport and went up a vine at the same time. After loading from the port, i became unable to enter any areas or reteleport to another area.

Edit: After saving and quitting I was allowed back into areas normally