How rare are Rabbit's Foot and Slime Hat in Story Mode?

Own

It almost seems like they're bugged with a 0 out of position like the Pumpkin Shawl was. James says he's gotten the Slime Hat once, Rabbit's Foot never. Considering he has to kill at least 20 rabbits per speedrun, and he's ran a ridiculous number of times, that seems a bit unusual.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I was suspecting the slime hat myself in another thread, seen as there's been questions popping up all over the shop here. If it's gonna be one I wouldn't be surprised if it was the slime hat, seen as I've had difficulties with it. A quick search for "slime hat" on the forums brings up 4 pages of results, and "foot" (as it's could be rabbit, rabbits, rabbit's, rabby, rabbies etc.) brought up only 2 pages. So it could just be luck with the foot, but I'd be more suspicious of the hat.

res7less

Jumpkin
I actually also had trouble with exactly those two items. I had just put it off as bad luck, though. Even cards didn't take as long as those two items did.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I have consulted the True Codex and it shows a 0.1 % drop chance for both these items! In a different notation, 1/1000.

Now you might say: "by the God of Light and the Seven, that's a ridiculously low drop rate!"

And you would be correct, but this is actually not the same as with the shawl, where the drop rate was unintentional! This is rather a remnant from a simpler time, when we were actively playing RO on the side to get into the proper grinding spirit.

A case could certainly be made for increasing these rates and getting them more in line with the rest of the game!

JamesKT

Boar
I can confirm from all my speedruns that I've rarely ever gotten the Slime Hat or Rabbit's Foot. I've probably gotten each item once only and that's that.

OFF TOPIC TANGENT: There's still the Rarest Thing one could get in a Speedrun tho. That thing being a Pecko Card since you only kill them once in a Speedrun. :p To this day, never seen it in a Run...