Is It Just Me?

Rowan

Green Slime
When I fight the hydra in the temple of seasons, the game gets extremely laggy. My game even crashed once. :(

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
@The G-Meister not helpful ...
@Rowan Sadly there is not much that can be done.
- Playing in real fullscreen mode gives a little more performance than windowed
- Close other programs while you play (browsers, Skype, etc.)
- If you have Windows 7, deactivate the AERO effect
- set your screen to a lower resolution (not ingame, but on your real pc. Say when you play on a laptop with 1336x768 you can set it to 1280x720 which gives a little boost)

Rowan

Green Slime
That tells me you've got a very low end PC. You shouldn't really be playing games on that :p
No, I have windows 10 and just got it recently. So it's new. Its actually been pretty slow since I got it. I called customer support and even got my stepdad, who's good with computers, to look at it. Everyone just says its my wifi thats bad and there's nothing wrong with my computer. It's not as bad as it used to be though!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
No, I have windows 10 and just got it recently. So it's new. Its actually been pretty slow since I got it. I called customer support and even got my stepdad, who's good with computers, to look at it. Everyone just says its my wifi thats bad and there's nothing wrong with my computer. It's not as bad as it used to be though!
Do you know the specs of your computer? Like harddrive RPM, graphics card memory, CPU speed and RAM memory? Also, some people tend to not restart their computers and if you happen to be one of those people I really recommend restarting your computer. It's the first thing you should try if you haven't tried it already. :p

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
@Rowan Could you use DxDiag and save those resulst as a txt file and send me that? or post some of it here?
DxDiag can be used by entering dxdiag into the win10 search and pressing enter.

Rowan

Green Slime
Im not good a computer wiz... I don't even understand what you just said. Umm, I've restarted my computer for updating it if thats what you mean. And I'll check out that Dxdiag thing later.

Props

Rabby
I can help...
index.php

Props

Rabby
1 and 2 can actually be combined into simply pressing Windows Button + R. Then it's even simpler!

True that, but I usually start with the simplest method, usually fail proof...you never know, they may not have a windows key on their keyboard :p

It's funny, back in the day, I was all about keyboard shortcuts, because D.O.S. didn't naturally support the mouse, especially when it came to editing batch files, programming in Qbasic and what not...I still remember it like it was yesterday, Alt - F, X. Shift Insert, Shift + Control Insert...I'm such an old fart now...

Anyway, I made that image to help another person provide me with info, so we could get his game up and running, I'd like to help here as well...I'd just like to know how this fella's Windows 10 PC can't handle this game...my guess, it has an onboard video card using shared mem. It's proably a laptop to boot. But none the less, I'll help the guy to optimize is computer and getting this game running butter smooth. He'll probably need to install 1 to 2 free lightweight malware, maintanence scanners and do a few tweaks from the bios and maybe look at whichever drivers his videocard has installed, to cut back shaders / AA...

So Rowan, if you want to go ahead and get that Dxdiag info...

Props

Rabby
When I fight the hydra in the temple of seasons, the game gets extremely laggy. My game even crashed once. :(
Rowan, to get to the bottom of what's causing this, We need to gather info from you. First, considering the age of the computer, can you tell us:

• Desktop or Laptop
  • Windows 10 (Upgraded from Win X.X to Win 10? or Brand new computer, preinstalled with Windows 10)
  • AMD or INTEL Processor
  • Physical Memory Amount
  • Video Card (Installed Graphics card via/PCI EXPRESS or built-in Onboard Video Chipset)
  • Direct X ver.
  • How many people use this computer, who has administrative rights?
You could also, at your own discretion, install Razer Cortex, a free process killer, that, on the recommended settings will end processes safely and perhaps allow your game to run without FPS problems. Razer Cortex is created by the company that manufactures Mice & Keyboards, along with other gaming paraphernalia.

Give it a try, and if you could, answer the above questions.