Loot Popups - Aggregating number looted in the UI

read

Green Slime
This is not something I consider a serious issue, but I thought I'd write up a short suggestion nevertheless. Can't hurt after all!

Currently the small popups when you loot an item (in the corner of the screen) pop up one at a time and then are pushed up by the next one and vanish shortly afterwards, it would be nice if looting multiples of an item made them linger and have a counter on the UI element tick up (Eg. "Crystal Crumbs x7") to indicate this to the player.

This alternative would be hopefully less cluttered than the current system whereby multiple popups occur for multiples of the same item and also avoids the player having to wait through the previously looted items popups to see their next item, as you can animate the counter incrementing very quickly whereas it would look odd if the popups flew by quickly.

As an attempt at illustrating this:

The current system is like this -

[Crystal Crumbs]
[Crystal Crumbs]
[Crystal Crumbs]
[Crystal]
[Crystal Crumbs]

I'm suggesting something like this -

[Crystal]
[Crystal Crumbs x4]

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That plus xp and money numbers that accumulate so you can get a better picute of what you looted.
It Could be a mix of this above mentionend and current system where only three items are simultaniously but as bulk.
As for money i propose a little +xxx right from the money

read

Green Slime
That plus xp and money numbers that accumulate so you can get a better picute of what you looted.
It Could be a mix of this above mentionend and current system where only three items are simultaniously but as bulk.
As for money i propose a little +xxx right from the money

Oh dangit, I meant to make a separate thread with this suggestion actually but I forgot to. Probably worth keeping it in this thread though as it's a very closely related suggestion!

Naythan

Green Slime
Agree with the +XP and +GOLD counters. I would love to see how much gold you discovered and also how many XP was dropped. Another thing I would like to see is a "1500 more XP till the next level". Is it just me?

HexZyle

Boar
Because it's annoying after picking up hundreds of apples and carrots and whatnot to have the drop list continuously cycling on your screen for a good few minutes afterwards, preventing you from seeing any actually important drops you get.

Instead of making it so that whenever a new item comes in at the top, the one at the bottom fades out, the items fade out individually of eachother.
Have the item popups fade out after 2x or perhaps 3x as long, counted from the last time a pickup of that type was obtained.

Like:

Slime hat
Apple [x 282]
Green goo [x 88]

This way we can see how much we picked up in a single brawl/session, and the mountains of trash drops don't obscure any drops we're looking for.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Don't apologise
if you have an idea you want to share, that's super
We rather have 20 single threads saying the same thing rather then no threads at all.
I can just merge the post to the other thread to clean this up, so don't worry too much about that xD