Mods

Rokker

Halloweed
Are there any plans on adding an API and support for community created mods?
There are several viable potential addons/mods that i can think of right now:
  • Census: An addon that tracks what the player does and that generates data for a central database (or Wiki ;) ), such as drop rates, stats and drop locations.
  • Damage meters: An addon that displays your current damage per second, good for testing theorycrafted skill/talent builds.
  • New challenges once the game is "completed": I guess that there will be a day when the game is done, and when that day comes, why not pass the torch to the community to keep the game alive?
    Diablo II has a lot of altered game content addons for example.
  • Custom UI: Minimalistic HP/EP Bars? Maybe someone wants the border of the game window flash red when low on HP? Maybe display a semi-transparent symbol when a buff is applied and EP goes above a certain value? All customizable and dynamic of course.
  • Auto-Skill point Allocation: This, could be an addon rather than an out of the box feature.
All those are just ideas and most of them would require some major effort to put together, but I'm convinced that there are people in the community that would commit to creating awesome mods and addons if the option was availible.

Adding support for LUA- or JS-script files might be the easiest way to implement stuff like this.

Just to clarify; This is in no way an insult to Pixel Ferrets for lacking content, but rather a statement of love for the game you've created. I, like many others, want to contribute to this wonderful game in any way possible, and if I had the option to script addons then I feel that I at least would be able to help the community.

Cheers! :)

ark626

Make the game modable would be sooo cool :D
I even would learn proper C# Programming for doing that
Maybe this would be possible but i dont think that Teddy will add it before the gameversion is 1.0

(Altrough i start begging :D PLEASE @Teddy please )