Tai Ming Phase plate lore question

DynastyHat

Green Slime
Hello!

After completing 0.660a Tai Ming area, there's a question that has been bugging me as a lore nerd. Not sure if this would belong in this thread but I'd just thought it'd be considered feedback :x...

Spoiler ahead!

Since Tai Ming is set around 1000 years ago, where Zhamla is a child, there's a part in town where you use Phasing technology in order to advance.

In the Flying Fortress where we were introduced to the Phasing mechanic, the logs suggests that the technology was conceived during the time where Zhamla was burning down the world instead. So that means Phasing technology shouldn't exist in Tai Ming.

I was wondering if there's a story behind the Phase plates existing in past Tai Ming or if it's not suppose to be there due to lore reasons :x

Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad english ; w;/

res7less

Jumpkin
There are entries of Tannie Hawk within Mt. Bloom, too, where the people who developed that technology mention they "showed off their technology to locals" to make trick phasing as a sport popular. I assume that's what they were talking about in those logs. There is also an entry that appears only once, that mentions how long the facility was offline - I don't remember the time, though but I imagine it was something close to that era.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Phase Plates were developed before some accident in Tai Ming. Mt. Bloom log says that the village was evacuated, that's when Zhamla became evil probably.

Plates were moved, either before or after the accident, to Flying Fortress.

Slit08

Green Slime
I wonder if a revived/ demonic/ cyborg/ whatever Zhamla will be the final boss of the game...
Basically he returns to the world of living. If that's the case and he really is the final boss it would be awesome to see him both in a human form and then have a second form where he transforms into something monstrous or a multi winged angel like creature or a mix of both (aka RPG final boss :p).
I think this could have a lot of potential actually. Here we see him as a friendly young boy and wonder what exactly happened to him that he turned evil.
We might even see him in flashbacks later on as an adult and might learn the reason for his change of mind.
Then at the end of the game he is revived through a ritual (maybe by that female leader of the Collector's Guild, forgot her name) and after fighting him in a human form he tranforms and we see a version of him that is anything but the innocent boy we saw and talked to in Tai Ming.
Stripped of all humanity (apparently) and a God of Destruction and Evil, whose reason for the outburst is an emotional and thus human one.
In a way he is similiar to Asriel in that regard, who appeared evil and chaotic, but in the end despite all the power that even makes him change his form to inhuman proportions (both as Asriel and as Flowey) he does have emotions left inside his heart.

Last edited: