Various Suggestions / Pets

Lives X99

Green Slime
Hi there!

First off, I'd like to state that I'm an absolute HUGE fan of this game and what I've seen so far, and I can't wait for more! I feel it's a true testament to the old school top down adventure games, and the fact that you went and made a full on co-op story is just perfect!

On that note, after playing through quite a few times, I've definitely noticed a few things that could be improved somewhat:

1) Targetted Moves: they feel rather underwhelming considering how much effort is required to actually use them, especially with the fact that you're completely vulnerable since you can't even move while charging them. Either the numbers are too low, or the radius isn't big enough, but as it stands, they don't feel very worthwhile.

2) AoEs in general: they feel incredibly small in size. The Ice Nova being the prime one. You have to be ridiculously close to use it for a move that feels like it should open up more opportunities.

3) Plant Boss: I was very excited to try this one out after reading the description, and then it felt very lackluster. I thought the Boss would actually have an attack of its own rather than just be a buff aura. Furthermore, it would be nice to have an indication of which plants are actually affected by his aura. It seems to be a relatively small area and it's hard to gauge which ones are in it or not. Either a ring showing the perimeter of the buff, or a mark or change of colour in affected plants would be effective.

4) Point of Multiple Pets?: Having the different appearances for pets is quite nice, and I do love finding and taming new ones. However, it feels like a waste of time and effort to feed and level up each pet. I find myself sticking to one and not changing it once I start feeding it. Although I could see the appeal to "build" each pet for different playstyles, the fact that characters tend to be built with one specific goal in mind (aka min-maxed) it seems irrelevant to have different types of pets. What my friend and I have come up with as an alternative that would make it MUCH MORE worthwhile to have all the pets, and feed them differently, would be if they were "Account Bound" so to speak, so if you would make a new character, you would already have access to all your pets that you tamed in other playthroughs, which would in turn give players a head start when they want to make new builds as well. Considering how small the buffs from the pets are, and how much grinding is needed to feed them to high levels, we feel that this would be an adequate change that wouldn't be too game breaking.

5) SP?: Speaking of pets, when you feed them things to increase your EP, it still says "SP Exp" instead.

That's all I got so far, nothing big. I would definitely recommend having pets be tied to the account and not individual characters though. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the next patch of content... like... really bad... I need more... MOOOOOAAAARRRRR