Version 0.602a

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.602a - The Cutscene Party!

Summary: Finally some sort of actual Story Mode progress! This update features the set of cutscenes that occurs after returning from the Temple of Seasons, a microboss encounter and the festive part of the festival!

The new content ends just before the final part of the quest, which we'll start working on now.

Frontline Notes

(SFX/Music) We haven't requested any sounds for this part, yet, which means a lot of stuff doesn't have their proper sounds! Same goes for music for the cutscene and the festival itself.

(Bonus Commands) You can type /dragonreset to reset the dragon cutscene and get to watch it again! This will also reset the festival quest.

/beereset should rewind the festival quest and let you respawn the queen bee by re-entering the zone where she spawns.

By typing /festivalreset while inside the festival you will immediately reload the zone with the progress cleared!

Feedback

As usual, you're very welcome to leave feedback on all parts of the update below! If you give feedback on the bee boss, please add what level you are and what build you're running so we can take that into consideration!

Additions
  • You can watch the set of cutscenes that happen after the second temple
  • You can start a new mini-main quest, which can be nearly completed (stops before last part)
Bug Fixes
  • The game no longer blows up for clients if they try to use the Flamethrower skill
  • Post Seasonne enemy cards now properly state what they do
  • Winter's boss HP string has been found!
  • 'Switching' to English from English no longer crashes the game
  • Giga Slime should no longer bug out terribly for clients sometimes
  • Halloweeds should no longer try to snare solo players if Frosty Friends is active
  • The Arcadia spawn point has been lowered a bit, hopefully fixing runs auto starting upon returning
  • Undiscovered items in the Enemy Codex no longer show their discovered descriptions
  • The new pet stat bonuses are now applied and displayed correctly
  • Removed some references to Mana and MP in the pet menu, and replaced them with Energy and EP
  • You should no longer be able to bug Marino by talking to him before he runs
  • Amalets ravings before the boss battle no longers renders as gigantic in English
  • The Arcade Mode Leaderboards should no longer occassionally stop finding new scores
  • Marino, the Bossling and the Block no longer starts out wounded when fighting them in co-op
  • Fixed a bug causing the game to crash when looking up achievements if Steam can't be reached
Next Patch, 0.603: A beloved trio returns to bring happiness and joy to all!

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Bonus question: was this update like 100MB for anyone, or more like 5MB?

EDIT: I think it's safe to conclude that the update clocks in at 10.1MB for everyone! Thanks for the data :D

Last edited:

Yuuki

Boar
the bees are way to overpowered for an pure melle buil imo. Add to that the the queen rarly comes down.

Own

Thoughts as I experience them: Well, that cutscene was cool. Well done, Teddy, Freddy and Vilya. :)

A question, though. Is mom's hair color determined by your current hair color, or the hair color you started the game with?

Also, I'm kind of sad I can't talk to Amalet/Gaantlet and have them whine at me. :D

Hm. Morgan wasn't called to the meeting down below. I thought he participated in the exams? Is he not a Collector and instead just Marino's bodyguard? Why is he constantly hanging out in the HQ, even when Marino isn't there, then?

Bikke also wasn't called. So is he not a Collector either...?

Luke's sweat drop is a bit to the right of his avatar, in the festival. Every other little bubble like that has always appeared squarely over the character. Is this a bug?

The bee fight was really, really easy with my main character and it's Whirlslash build on Normal difficulty. I'll try again on Hard. :)

Marino doesn't seem to quite speak like a noble. "Yeah" instead of "Yes", but maybe Luke is rubbing off on him. :p

Marino and Luke can walk through buildings, apparently. Huh.

The building on the east side of Evergrind has it's bottom door open, but is unenterable.

"Hey, you with the blue hair, why don't you go first?" ... Awkward, my character has blue hair.

I made the game crash by dropping my weapon on the ground before doing the Strength Contest and making myself have an empty weapon slot, @Teddy. I'm very disappointed in you for not taking this extremely plausible scenario into consideration. This bug will surely affect at least 80% of players. :(

last Quest on "Festival!" Talk to your Father BUT... no NOOOO Quinton You're my real father?????

ps.: Queen Bee with her elite on Hard with Beastmode is incredible insane :D

Fred

Developer
Staff member
For the Queen Bee, it would be awesome if you guys could write what level and build you use versus her. Keep the feedback and bug finding raining in guys!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Is mom's hair color determined by your current hair color, or the hair color you started the game with?

Right now it's your current hair color! It would make some kind of sense to give her the original color, but I think most people who have changed their hair color wouldn't remember what they started out as? If we feel the need to add more Charlotte, we might need to change this though as her changing hair colors between cutscenes might be confusing indeed :D

Morgan's future is yet to be decided! He was recently arrested for drunk driving, and we might need to cut him off or give him an even more minor role to save face.

Bikke was already briefed to help out in the kitchen!

Luke's sweat drop is a bit to the right of his avatar

Might very well be a bug! I'll have a look at it

my character has blue hair

DERP! Didn't consider that :D

I made the game crash

You evil mastermind

@Fred lvl 28 2h berserk build on hard with beastmode on but i think it was simply the beastmode who made it so strong :) maybe another frontliner got information about melee builds on hard?

Sylkin

Green Slime
(irrelevant and also stupid as hell) I couldnt find the entrance to the frostling cave for The Goblin Grinch quest.

(patch note talk)
Love the queen bee fight (normal), was a bit of a challenge with a lvl20 Spirit Slash build cuz of a small delay to charge up. Will try on hard mode now :D
Havent encountered any bugs as of yet but will report if I find anything!
Keep up the awesome work :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I know it's kind out of place and maybe doesn't fit this game too much, but... I missed blood in the dragon cutscene. But maybe it's just me.

Also, I may be exaggerating, but this line:
"I'm sure people would pay a fortune to have us play at a place like this!"
Is this something Fae would say? I mean, about the money and stuff. It sounds greedy (maybe not that much) and it's more of humans to say this.

And I hope Ivy won't become main antagonist after all. It would be too obvious, especially after the cutscene.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
(irrelevant and also stupid as hell) I couldnt find the entrance to the frostling cave for The Goblin Grinch quest.

(patch note talk)
Love the queen bee fight (normal), was a bit of a challenge with a lvl20 Spirit Slash build cuz of a small delay to charge up. Will try on hard mode now :D
Havent encountered any bugs as of yet but will report if I find anything!
Keep up the awesome work :)
Um... I think you're looking for the Frostling Camp that is hidden behind the trees in the area where Santa's house is. :)

Also, I may be exaggerating, but this line:
"I'm sure people would pay a fortune to have us play at a place like this!"
Is this something Fae would say? I mean, about the money and stuff. It sounds greedy (maybe not that much) and it's more of humans to say this.
I agree with it not sounding like something a Fae would say. My impression is that they live off the land and don't even use money.

GarlicJelly

You're right! That doesn't make thematic sense! I'll revisit that one. Good catch :D

Please, think of the children! (and the Germans)
They could say something like: "Whoh, look at all these people. Playing our music here for them would be so much fun." :)

Bipolarbear

Green Slime
I just want to say thank you so much for such an amazing game. It's by far one of the best games I've ever played.
I started playing the Stable build in 6 and decided to switch to Frontline. Should I create a new character or just port mine over from stable? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but from reading about this festival update it seems like I may need to reset the game.

GarlicJelly

I just want to say thank you so much for such an amazing game. It's by far one of the best games I've ever played.
I started playing the Stable build in 6 and decided to switch to Frontline. Should I create a new character or just port mine over from stable? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but from reading about this festival update it seems like I may need to reset the game.
If you don't plan on going back to Stable then there is no point in making a new character. You only need a seperate character if you plan on switching between the two back and forth. If you just wanna play on the Frontline version then use your old character. :)