Whats taking so long for updates?

hadig5

Rabby
Niether the frontline nor the stable beta have been updated for around 1 month now, if not more? Waddup?

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
"Work" is up! Fixing bugs don't take that long, that's why we could update a lot in the beginning, when a lot of new bugs were found. Now, actually making new content, such as animations, fight patterns, and perhaps worst of all: cutscenes, takes a lot of time, which is what we've been doing since the last update.

Here's some of the stuff that will be available in the next update, to put your mind at ease(?) ;D :
* 6 new characters (+ animations for all, some with multiple)
* Portraits for said characters (some with multiple expressions)
* A new boss-type fight (+ the corresponding boss introduction portrait)
* 3~ cutscenes and a bunch of dialogues advancing the story
* A new room in the HQ
(* We've also prepared for and started working on some things that won't be available in the next update, but will be featured in the near future, namely the Yeti-like enemy in the winter area and another boss type of fight.)

We figured that despite frontline being frontline, it wouldn't be that fun to just update with a single cutscene, but would rather group these things together as they all serve to advance the story (and in actual playtime, it's really not that long of an update). Currently Teddy is making sure all the quest transitions work properly while I finish off some more portraits, but most of these things are more or less done!

If you're curious about what we're working on I recommend reading our weekly blog posts where we show some sneak peeks :)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm really looking forward to see the new content! Can't wait to go bug hunting again. :3

Nevius

Green Slime
I'm hopeing for new Arcade Mode stages :D
Are they coming out any time soon?

Don't stress yourselfs though, I know it's a lot of work for only 3 people to make a game like this.

kenneth

Green Slime
I don't wanna sound rude, but maybe if you tried making new content yourself hadig5. You might, see it doesn't magically appear in 2.3 seconds. If you want the game to be, solid and original you need to give them space and time.

hadig5

Rabby
Did I ever mention that im rushing them or blaming them for something? But as I bought the game im totally allowed to ask if there is any trouble with the updates or if there is any delay taking so long. (When I bought the game it said that the frontline should be updated approx every 2 weeks and the stable approx every month, meaning that I can ask whats up when its taking longer)

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
It's perfectly fine! We try to be as transparent as possible about these things, so it's definitely better to ask if there are any questions you have :)