Arcade mode unlocks?

Pharphis

Rabby
Hi, this is regarding side-quests to do in arcade mode. I'm currently stuck on the furious giga slime (yes I've looked at the guide but I still suck at this fight since 2 hits = dead) and I've done all other quests available to me...
My question is whether or not more quests become unlocked after this point? (or based on more total score).

I also wonder how you'er supposed to block the terrorweed attack when he rises from underground? Are you expected to go in circles or something until he pops up without hitting you?

Thalldor

Green Slime
Hi, this is regarding side-quests to do in arcade mode. I'm currently stuck on the furious giga slime (yes I've looked at the guide but I still suck at this fight since 2 hits = dead) and I've done all other quests available to me...
My question is whether or not more quests become unlocked after this point? (or based on more total score).

I also wonder how you'er supposed to block the terrorweed attack when he rises from underground? Are you expected to go in circles or something until he pops up without hitting you?

HELLO!

Yes, you just need to go further in the arcade as well with getting SSSSSSS can unlock some stuff as well (And give you a potion) but I think its simply determines how far you go AS well depending on the level of your town since you need to keep playing until your town is a suitable level as I'm pretty sure that the Great and Powerful Mega Green Slime is not the final quest. You just need to be patient and upgrade your town accordingly.

I can block the Terrorweed just fine, you just block in the direction its coming to you and that is that. If its not working then I'm not sure what to tell you. : |

Also if you're having trouble
Murdering the Giga Slime I can help you with that task.

Thank you for your time.

--
Green Slime

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Red gigaslime is currently the hardest quest in Arcade. Whether it's the last I can't quite remember, but if you see anyone with a red slime hat with a crown on, you know you've got someone good :p It normally takes at least getting to floor 9 before you've got the skill to beat it.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Red gigaslime is currently the hardest quest in Arcade. Whether it's the last I can't quite remember, but if you see anyone with a red slime hat with a crown on, you know you've got someone good :p It normally takes at least getting to floor 9 before you've got the skill to beat it.

Ohhh... I misread his text. I missed where he said "Furious Giga Slime"... Well, I shall remove myself from this conversation because it appears I will not be of help... What he said is true though.

Pharphis

Rabby
Hm, so maybe I should just postpone the quest for awhile? I've only made it to gund4m once and I lost to it ofc (this was coop, too). The furthest I've made it solo is phaseman iirc. but I haven't actually practiced that fight so I don't think it will take me long to beat him.

BTW I'm using the battletank build and I like it, though I don't rely super heavily on dodging strike. I will try to incorporate it more into my play over time.

I also use the summon snow guy because I find it's a useful distraction at present

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It's nice to see I'm not the only one making use of it :p It's probably a good idea you hold off for a while. If need be you can do a moderately accurate practice in story mode. Have you checked dnlo's guide on how to beat the red gigaslime? It uses practically the same build, but more reliant on the dodging strike.

Pharphis

Rabby
I got the S ranking in story mode very quickly using his guide, but ofc the fight is much easier there where you can wait until you do significantly more dmg (and thus force the spinning very quickly).

I used whichever guide is on the steam community hub so probably the one you're talking about. Still, maybe I'll just have to invest in pure dmg (+ EP) in order to do the fight quickly.

Pharphis

Rabby
Gah. I can't block the terrorweed. It looks like he attacks from behind where he approaches from or something weird. Should I shield the opposite direction and hope for the best?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The terrorweed? You mean the one in the Pumpkin woods? He pops up behind you, so you've got to wait for him to do his digging down animation then get the heck outta dodge.

Pharphis

Rabby
Ya, Terrorweed. So it can't be blocked consistently? I feel like the dodging strike timing must be super strict....

I think it's missed me several times while backing away but maybe it was aiming for my summon or something *shrug*

BTW, I made it to Marino (first time past phaseman in solo) and omg he seems difficult (at best). I somehow took half of his life away but I have no idea what strategy to use...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Marino is evil. I often go through at least 4 health potions trying to beat him, and I'm still yet to figure out a decent strategy, and trust me - I've tried.

The way to avoid the dig is to simply run away. Also if you're using snow summon it's not the best build to do that with. He often initiates enemy attack patterns which hit you when you go in to hit the enemies, for example, Lantern Jacks are really annoying, especially on multiplayer. He'll often make them shoot at him which might catch you off guard.

Pharphis

Rabby
Hmm. Well I guess if I plan to get to floor 11 I
ll just have to hope for the other boss until I'm good enough to have several potions at Marino.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Flamethrower & Frosty Friend seems to be "the build" people run at the moment. I think Frosty Friend is way too OP to justify doing it myself, but I'm not one to judge others for using it (unless I'm in Arcade Multiplayer with them >.<). You'll have to ask some others about how to use it though, and I don't think anyone's written a guide on it yet :p

Ardeof

Rabby
Heroic Slam and/or Whirlslash works well against the Furious slime. Whirlslash is an easy way to a quick swing and 2nd slash in while preparing for its next jump.

The main thing to remember is to have a decent enough shield to block its attacks, perfect guarding when it's doing the spin helps as well. Time your damage output to allow for your shield to regenerate before it spins again, though usually it has enough HP for this to not be an issue.

One other thing to mention is to focus on where it is going. You should try to make it travel in as little area as possible to lower amount of slime in the area. I'm unsure how the slime stays on the ground, but i've found walking over it seems to sort of quicken the depletion rate of the slime.

Pharphis

Rabby
Thanks! I still haven't retried furious giga slime, but I might give it another serious effort after I've made it to floor 11-12. (For my skill level, I think this will require toy factory + smashie and bashie bosses)

res7less

Jumpkin
O MAH GAD, FINALLY! The Red King lies in the dust. I wanted to do it with a 2-handed "build" and I finally did it. I was so bad at Arcade Mode that I actually got the quest for him before I have ever been beyond the 4th floor by just starting over and over again - I didn't even know what the Red Slime exactly was until someone mentioned it in another topic, but as soon as I met him, it kinda pulled me towards trying again and again until I get this right. And no, I did not watch any guides for it since I prefer to figure out things myself and do them my way. Even though the ending was really sloppy since I got mighty nervous because it was going so well, but whatevs: win is win! Yay \o/

Last edited: