[Error] Crash Upon Clicking "Open Tool"

Deepish

Green Slime
Greetings!
I had been working on a translation on another computer, and now that I am back home I decided to switch back to my main computer. However, the translation tool doesn't seem to want to work on this machine, as it crashes as soon as I click "Open Tool" under my Text options. I've tried reinstalling all the redistributed drivers, verified files on both SoG and the Translation Suite, tried to open the same project, tried to import the project text on to a new project, and finally, tried a fresh project with zero translation, and got the same result. I still believe this may be a driver issue though; are there any drivers that the Translation Suite might be using which are separate to those of the main game? I didn't need to install anything extra on the other computer, but perhaps I'm missing some essential drivers on this one.

Link to the error in action: https://i.gyazo.com/900dc5afb2117fb8b69252f55037aacc.mp4

res7less

Jumpkin
The Translation Tool (Dialogue Tool) is currently crashing when selecting Tai Ming dialogues. The MiscText Tool seems to work just fine.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

res7less

Jumpkin
Here's the screenshot of the errors:
runtime_error.PNG

And here's the content of the .NET Runtime error:

Application: Vocaloot Translate.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].get_Item(System.__Canon)
at SoG.Game1.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SoG.Program.Main(System.String[])

Let me know if you need anything else.

res7less

Jumpkin
By the might of this unhandled exception, I shall be granted the power of Threadful Necrosurrection!

error.PNG

Happened when hitting Save on AcidKid_Description

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
By the might of this unhandled exception, I shall be granted the power of Threadful Necrosurrection!

View attachment 2865

Happened when hitting Save on AcidKid_Description

Does this happen consistently when doing it? If so, could you send me the misctext-file? I can't seem to reproduce the error! :(

res7less

Jumpkin
It sometimes happens when trying to save an entry after getting to it via "next unsaved". I think it might have something to do with "next unsaved" strings having a * in their LocalID (maybe the tool sometimes thinks the * is part of the name) - this never happened in the Dialogue Tool, though. I also noticed that after hitting "continue", it works again, however, when opening the localID drop-down, you can see that the entry exists twice. Restarting the tool brings it back to normal.

res7less

Jumpkin
Also, the two times it happened, it did with already existing strings that were changed. It doesn't happen with new strings. (at least so far)