Four Questions

Pharphis

Rabby
1) If I download the beta stuff for mt bloom, does it risk ruining my characters?

2) I'm at 99% complete on one of my characters, and can't figure out what I'm missing. I did the arena challenges, have all pets (including the bee), all cards, all monster drops and have done all the fishing. I've also done all crafting and bought one of every item possible (to my knowledge)... So other than asking what I might be missing, I guess my question would be whether or not I need one of each item in my inventory at all times or can I for example feed fish to my pet and not worry about having one of each?

3) Can I access some of the hidden things like the chest in the pumpkin woods, or can I do anything about those tiny plants in various places?

4) Arcade mode? Useful hints/tips? I find it extremely challenging but I suppose I'm slowly progressing... any "necessary" skills I should develop?

Thanks

TsReaper

Boar
1) No. But maybe it's safer to backup your save files...
2) Maybe you've missed some hidden chests, just like the one in the pumpkin woods. And have you got 10000 points in the Archery mini-game to earn yourself a quiver?
3) There is a hidden road in the pumpkin woods.
road.png
As for the tiny plants...I don't know...
4) I think Cloud strike + Insect swarm + Frosty friend is quite useful.

Last edited:

Pharphis

Rabby
omg I just spent 10 mins trying to go through those trees, too.

There are a few chests/caves that are inaccessible to me I think, like in the snow area.

I never even tried the archery game, heh. I'm struggling to get more than 5000 points :/

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The main thing most people miss is treasure map number 8, found by "talking" to one of the graves in the pumpkin woods. You don't need all items for a 100% completion, nor the bee pet :p

Pharphis

Rabby
Hm, definitely done all of that, then. I'm guessing that the archery minigame is the last 1%, then. I managed to get 9k but I'm clueless about the strategy to use other than ignoring green slimes and maintaining a combo.

edit: Is there a way to lock in the direction I'm facing? This minigame would be much easier if I didn't have to move at ~half speed by walking into the counter

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hm, definitely done all of that, then. I'm guessing that the archery minigame is the last 1%, then. I managed to get 9k but I'm clueless about the strategy to use other than ignoring green slimes and maintaining a combo.

edit: Is there a way to lock in the direction I'm facing? This minigame would be much easier if I didn't have to move at ~half speed by walking into the counter
There is no way to lock in a direction. For maximum points you need to get a 15 combo with only red slimes and bees.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Blue ones give the most points don't they? I've done it with just blue slimes, making sure I'm always shooting through a gap in between the red and green ones.

GarlicJelly

Blue ones give the most points don't they? I've done it with just blue slimes, making sure I'm always shooting through a gap in between the red and green ones.
The slimes that are the furthest away from you. Maybe they are blue.... You might be right. :p

Pharphis

Rabby
Ya blue are the furthest away. How many bees can you get? I've only ever seen one... is there more if I combo for longer, or something?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You can get up to two, but if you get the right spot you don't need to use them. I believe it's random if you get one or two.

GarlicJelly

You can get up to two, but if you get the right spot you don't need to use them. I believe it's random if you get one or two.
I actually think they are triggered by your score. With a perfect run where you only hit blue slimes and maintain your combo there will always be two bees showing up. I haven't bothered to check at what scores the bees appear but I've beaten the archery game with perfect score a dozen of times and there were always two bees showing up at the same spots in the perfect runs.

Pharphis

Rabby
Ok, just did it on my first try tonight (11k points) and it was the first time I managed to see 2 bees. I also didn't get only blue slimes and bees.. I got a few green and red slimes because I feared losing the combo...

Despite this, I'm still only 99% complete ;(

Any more ideas? Any difficult to find side-quests?

tkld178

Rabby
did you do the stardington chicken quest? you have to heard some chickens there. there is also the potions side-quest, you have to talk the potions guy after a certain point in the story. There is the fae quest, you talk to a fae in the village and have to find one in the temple. There is the snowflake usable from the cave under the toy factory.

I don't know what you could be missing but here are some suggestions.

Pharphis

Rabby
Ah, thanks so much!

I've got 100%, now.

I gotta say, I do like the fact that you can level up while grinding lower level areas for items.. Earlier I got maybe 2k apples and gained a level from 22 to 23. It also seems pretty efficient to use the level 10 plant and projectile plants to do so (with other summons as well)

Ardeof

Rabby
omg I just spent 10 mins trying to go through those trees, too.

There are a few chests/caves that are inaccessible to me I think, like in the snow area.

I never even tried the archery game, heh. I'm struggling to get more than 5000 points :/

The archery thing is probably what you're missing. You get an upgrade of 5 arrows from reaching a certain amount of points. I'd consider that worthy of 1%, though can't say for sure. There is an extra treasure map from the graveyard, along with having to do the others if you haven't.

Pharphis

Rabby
I did the archery thing, though it didn't change my percentage, surprisingly.

I do have a related question, though:

I played through coop with my GF so all but ~3% of the content was done together. However, her completion % is only like 50% and it has consistently lagged behind mine. Is this a coop bug or something?