Four Questions

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I played through coop with my GF so all but ~3% of the content was done together. However, her completion % is only like 50% and it has consistently lagged behind mine. Is this a coop bug or something?

Vilya answered a similar question that kind of explains it here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...er-save-in-single-player-did-i-break-it.6213/

As such, since some of the completion is based upon things done in the world and not pure character progression, her percentage will be lower since you're progressing in your world!

Like Vilya said, we're going to add a system which makes it easier for clients to skip content they've played in multiplayer.

If you want to bring her world save up to speed right away with a workaround, you can open up the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and look inside the Worlds folder! There you should find your .wld files, which you can copy and send to your GFs computer.

I did the archery thing, though it didn't change my percentage, surprisingly.

Hmm, I might've missed adding that to the completion calculation, actually! Good find!

Ardeof

Rabby

I do have a related question, though:

I played through coop with my GF so all but ~3% of the content was done together. However, her completion % is only like 50% and it has consistently lagged behind mine. Is this a coop bug or something?

Inventory and whatnot isn't typically shared, so she'd have to craft all of the items etc. That may explain the main difference of %. Cards are also not shared.

Thalldor

Green Slime

I do have a related question, though:

I can give you some novice to novice advice to you as I been talking to a person that is ranked 4 on the leader boards lately (Sorry, I always forget your name!) so I believe I can give you some help as I can get to gundum consistently although I will have to talk with you later on that as I don't have the build I use.

... Builds aside I can help you but really you have to learn the pattern of all of the monsters which is very important. Every ounce of health is important. If you're not looking for score though I can give you my good friends Meister build which will get you far if you know what you're doing but lack luster in score (His statement not mine :) ) Many of the early bosses are simple (Unless you have terrible RNG) so you should be able to consistently get towards the dark forest without any of the builds I mentioned but it can start getting hectic unless you have pure skill or you found a very good build of your own (Which can happen if you're creative because in the end USE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.) If you do want to talk more with me just let me know and I can open up a conversation with you on the forums but with that said you may have better luck talking to one of the guys here on the forum that have estimated a hundred hours on this game which allows them to provide better advice. I can say if you want to approach arcade mode and have somewhat of a prospective of what it looks like you can try story mode on hard mode as doing that will prep you for some of the stuff to come (As 'some' bosses have different patterns in hard mode) so if you have not done hard mode it can somewhat prep you for it but because of the regen orbs and other stuff it is a bit easier than arcade. (If you want something harder than arcade mode you could try Beahard mode which is beast mode and hard mode combined but that is a extremely difficult task to pass as a few people I know here that tried it simply gave up on that task.) but that is all I can say without having my main build on hand or if I meet you in game and stuff. If you're interested in Meister's build I'm sure he can provide it for you. that or I can find it from when I talked with him.

Thank you for your time.

--Green Slime

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The thing is you don't do lack luster in score. If you watch the video I still get a lot of S ranks :p (also I have over 500 hours in the game. Just sayin') Also the best and most accurate Arcade preparation is probably Normal mode with /beastmode on. Enemies do so much more damage, so even if you pump your HP and DEF, a Hydra head will probably kill you in 3 hits. Helps you to learn attack patterns.

Go here for casual build: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcade-survival-guide-the-battletank.6018/

Thalldor

Green Slime
The thing is you don't do lack luster in score. If you watch the video I still get a lot of S ranks :p (also I have over 500 hours in the game. Just sayin') Also the best and most accurate Arcade preparation is probably Normal mode with /beastmode on. Enemies do so much more damage, so even if you pump your HP and DEF, a Hydra head will probably kill you in 3 hits. Helps you to learn attack patterns.

Go here for casual build: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcade-survival-guide-the-battletank.6018/

Oh okay, I was misinformed by you then or I misunderstood you and so I must apologies. Doesn't help I didn't look at the video.

I still recommend hard mode since normal mode plus beast does NOT change attack patterns of bosses and stuff which is what you'll have to deal with in arcade mode.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
If I'm honest, the attack patterns in Arcade are much easier than they are on Hard mode. With the addition of beastmode in story it just becomes hell if I'm honest. I reckon, in terms of attack patterns, it's closer to normal than hard.

Thalldor

Green Slime
If I'm honest, the attack patterns in Arcade are much easier than they are on Hard mode. With the addition of beastmode in story it just becomes hell if I'm honest. I reckon, in terms of attack patterns, it's closer to normal than hard.

Hmm, perhaps you're correct...

tkld178

Rabby
But when it comes to learning attack patterns it's always better to get to used a harder version and adjust in arcade than to go in not as prepared because you are used to normal. I'd say arcade is a middle ground for normal and hard in difficulty.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Although I believe due to the lack luster amount of regeneration arcade could prove more difficult than hard mode story mode AS WELL you can keep trying on something that causes you to fail so if you do a boss, fail the boss you don't have to spend another 20ish minutes getting back to where you were before allowing for a better learning experience than repeating stuff that you already know if you can consistently get there in arcade.

Pharphis

Rabby
@Teddy

Hm, well we just went through all of her world's quests (same computer, btw) and it bugged out at the festival. We had a few game crashes but it appears that we forgot to talk then Quinton (quest still active) after killing the queen bee. Now we're stuck in a permanent loop of going to the lab, doing the ferret fight and then not being able to talk to the dad character.

Saving and exiting resets this situation so all we can do is go to the lab again. We've tried it solo, as well.

@The G-Meister
I'd like to hear about this build :) I'm more interested in being able to get through arcade mode then necessarily maximizing the score. I'd like to eventually get all of the achievements (except maybe the winter one *shudder*).

So far I haven't made it past the scarecrow boss in pumpkin woods because I have no means of practicing against him outside of the 2-3 times I've faced him. For the record, almost the entirety of my story mode gameplay was on hard (by accident) so that should help me a bit with the harder areas once I get there.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Really Hard mode won't give you a decent prep. Although it's still an ongoing debate, I would suggest a normal mode run with /beastmode on. Anyway, go scan-read this article and watch the video: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcade-survival-guide-the-battletank.6018/ It'll show you how to beat most of the bosses with my build. It's adaptable to whatever you want as long as it's 1H related. I'm working on refining my preferences more recently due to me running out of EP in the pumpkin woods.