[Gameplay] Magic effects persist after /respec

MadnessX

Green Slime
Like the title suggests, I noticed magic effects like pet summons persisting after using the /respec feature.

For example, my Cloud Strike and Frosty Friend pets were still active and blocking mana after entering /respec and reducing their levels to 0.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Maybe this is because each spell has a minimum level? I mean the shield at level 0 can't be used, but it would give +10 on defense. Maybe it's the same with the summons.

ark626

The respec command is a test feature ONLY . Meaning it is not supposed to be in the full game at all

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Which means that it's not broken, it's just a feature to help us beta testers test all the skills. :p

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Actually, this is still a slight bug. My wife had 8 points in Cloud strike, and then respec'd to have only 3 in Cloud Strike and 7 in the Ice Guy.

After that, she was able to summon both at Silver Charge, being that Cloud Strike was not even at level 5 to unlock Silver Charge. (This fixed itself upon leaving and returning to the session.) We didn't try to zoning though.

GarlicJelly

I don't think it's worth to fix since it will be removed when the game is released.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Well, if they plan to add an actual respec feature in the future, this problem may still appear.
Doesn't really impact my gameplay though so, meh.

Alchymist

Green Slime
It makes you OP is you max out one summon and respec and max out another summon and respec.. than just put points into other skills... only downside is that you mana pool is quite small with 2 summons out.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for reporting this guys! Like Ark said, this is only a beta testing feature, so fixing these issues aren't super high priority right now, but they've been noted (For the record, respec probably won't work this way at all when the game is complete). :)

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Well, as I see it, pointing 5 points into Ice summon, silver charge summon him, respec, 5 points into cloud strike, silver summon him, and then respec, 5 points into Berserk Stance. Now I have 2 pets that will stay with me regardless of zoning or teleporting. ALSO, this makes it where enemies DO NOT TARGET the Ice summon.

Seems pretty broken / exploitable to me.

GarlicJelly

Really? The Frosty Friend loses his aggro? I've never experienced that. When I was afk farming 2 patches ago it worked like normal even if you didn't even have a single point spent while having both summons out (Cloud Strike and Frosty Friend).

Aurophobia

Halloweed
It might have just been a fluke, but he went up to boars and rabby's and none of them cared that they were taking minty fresh ice punches to the face.

Tekorra

Green Slime
Don't know if this has been reported already (and of course it wouldn't be much of an issue in the final release, as you won't be able to respec the same way), but if you use Cloud Strike to summon the cloud minion, then type '/respec' to reset all of your skills points, he sticks around even though you aren't supposed to be able to use him without the skill. So theoretically you could max it, summon him, respec and max other stuff.

EDIT: Also works with Frosty Friend, and you can have them both maxed and following you around.

Tekorra

Green Slime
Guess I didn't look very hard huh? My bad! :p

Wow, it was a whole 3 posts down? Man I suck at this lol

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

No worries! There are many ways to name a bug and sometimes you don't look for the right keywords. :p We all make mistakes.

Alchymist

Green Slime
The summons will stop attacking now if you are afk for a few seconds..... you can get around this by leaving something on your keyboard or i am sure there is some software that would aid you in this as well... so you can still afk farm but its harder to afk in any area other than the pillar mountains as the mobs stop respawn if you are not moving around

ark626

The afk farming isnt the point here
If the Frosty Friend loses his aggro he can attack enemies without being counterattacked which means he is invisible like the Cloud Summon, that would make him incredibly powerful

Alchymist

Green Slime
true.. that would seem more game breaking.. or OP.. I have not seen that happen for me..how often does that happen for people?