[Gameplay] Magic effects persist after /respec

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I feel that if people think exploits ruin the game they shouldn't use them - if this happens you can reconnect and your summon will be gone (at least that's how it should work) and after that things should be back to normal. The whole /respec feature is only in the game so people who want to bug test other skills can do it without creating a new character and is as such BY ITSELF an exploit that will not be available in the final game. So, using /respec and it's consequences is up to each and every one!

Alchymist

Green Slime
Totally.. if people think it ruins the game they should not do it.. its not worth preventing this in beta as it won't be an issue at launch.

ark626

Agreed.
PS: tO Everyone im also able to hex hack the game so i get endless life, skill points and other stuff.
But im not doing that because it would ruin my fun playing this game.
Everyone in the Beta should clearly know that there are bugs which could be used and if those bugs are in a betatesting feature then it is uppon you how to use it.

Saying what if i would ask ted if he would give us a command like /godmode for testing the arcademodes upper layers
Or a command like /levelup for testing the skillpoint recivation

You need the selfcontrol to not cheat with those features.

Endasil

Rabby
Not sure how important this is since respec is a feature intended for testing, but it is currently possible to do things like /respec, spend all skills in stormcloud, summon it, /respec put all skills in shadowclone, cast it and then /respec into whatever you want. This way you become way more powerful than you would otherwise have been. Clear buffs / summons when respecing could be an idea.