Grindea's Collection of Streamer Quotes

res7less

Jumpkin
To celebrate the grand occasion and as a small token of appreciation, here is a list of various fun quotes or situations by streamers who played Secrets of Grindea that I've accumulated over the years. I don't remember how it started or when I began writing them down, but I had always imagined one beautiful day, the release would be here and I would post the collection. And now the time has finally come! Enjoy!

SPOILER ALERT: The list contains spoilers and should be enjoyed only by those, who've played through the game.

Startington

Situation: During the chicken herding quest, streamer sets chicken on fire before it poofs into the coop
Quote: "Now it's silently burning inside"

Evergrind City

Situation: Player, probably in her late thirties, after talking to the Shady Merchant, who can return anything for the right price
Quote: *with a sigh* "Please return to me the years I've lost..."

Situation: Screenshot from Steam that shows the water bottle purchase at Belmont's, costing 8200 gold
Comment: "That's gotta be Belle Delphine's"

Situation: Players complete Luigi's butterfly quest for the first time
Comment: "Wonderful, the guy just gave us some shit. Literally."

Pumpkin Woods

Situation: Players return to the Pumpkin Woods after Seasonnё for side-questing, still not having found out how to get the chest hidden between the trees
Quote: "Maybe we just need to yell at the trees like Naniva did"

Seasonnё

Situation: Dialogue where Mrs. Claus blames Naniva for having made a bad deal
Quote: "Huh, didn't know Claus was a jewish last name"

Situation: After defeating Winter
Quote: "Well, I guess new year's festivities are now cancelled"

Flying Fortress

Situation: Streamer reads one of Pine's logs, specifically the part about GUN-D4M's "...use for peaceful purposes is practically nonexistent"
Quote: "What, you couldn't even make it dig potatoes?"

Situation: Streamer reading GUN-D4M specs about his weapons and cannons
Quote: "And that's what I'll be supposed to block with my Wooden Shield?"

Tai Ming

Situation: Streamer struggles with Puzzle World and finally returns to Tessen with the crown she had requested. When she gives it to Zhamla, upon reading her dialogue that starts with "I found this..."
Quote: "FUUUUU"

Situation: Streamer talks to the boy, who is happy that in Tai Ming, there are many other children and none of those jumping pumpkins. Player happens to have a Jumpkin pet out.
Quote: *pauses game and stares at camera*

Situation: Streamer starts chopping bamboo for the first time
Quote: "Um, is that really how bamboo functions?"

Situation: Streamer reads line about the guy who lost the home key having played with the dog. Embarks on a quest to scour the location for dog poo.

Situation: Streamer reads quest description that says "Venture deeper into Tai Ming"
Quote: "Now that's a good name for a hentai"

Situation: Streamer finishes Alkis' quest
Quote: "Hang on, this guy turned his life around after a swig of alcohol? Maybe I should follow his example."

Port Monnaie

Situation: Getting the quest where you're supposed to make photo of a coughing boy
Quote: "Knowing this game, the boy probably recently recovered"

Ghost Ship

Situation: Female streamer discovers that you can make the skull with the mop wipe the floors
Quote: "Great, as if I don't have enough floors to wipe irl."

Situation: Upon meeting Captain Bones
Quote: "Curious, was that also his name in life?"

Misc

Situation: Female streamer who was great at adorably voicing Naniva had decided to speak every "..." as "dot dot dot" aloud

Bonus

Two streamers were playing for a long time, being as far as Mt. Bloom with one having gotten 4 or 5 cards and the other still haven't gotten any. Second player was getting progressively more annoyed, constantly cursing. Chat was having a laugh at his expanse, some of the more frequent viewers making is pretty clear that the guy is notorious for being toxic. Finally a card drops and he gets it with a loud "FINALLY!" and reads aloud, stopping mid-sentence when it says "Toxic Tulip". His colleague bursts out laughing and chat proceeds to spam laughing emotes while the guy is just fuming in silence.

Once again, congratulations to the release! You made it! Well done! :naniva::naniva::naniva: