Quest/Potion Bug?

Bashi

Green Slime
Please please please help, I'm new here and just downloaded it from steam on February 29, 2024.

The first time I started the game was with a friend and he was the host.

When he wasn't able to play, I started playing on my own (I noticed it had my character from the multiplayer still saved, just not the host file itself?) - it starts the game from the beginning but gives me the option to skip quests due to already completing the quests while on multiplayer (I quite like this feature as I originally wanted to play where we last left off).

However, on the file with my friend, I have 2 potion flasks. I think during one of the quest skips, it may have glitched? I think I may have skipped through them too fast and as it was on the animation of my character holding up the flask (I'm not even sure when exactly the second potion disappeared) but the dialogue and blue bubble on top of Potts head wont go away no matter how many times I've tried to talk to him.

It's stuck on the dialogue of him telling me to go to his uncle as he might has a potion for me, but when I go inside the shop, it still shows young Remedi and only the 'pumpkin Remedi' when talking to him. :( And when I choose the 'talk' option, he only responds with "...."

I'm currently 91% through with the story and don't know what to do...

I really want to complete it but I feel like when skipping through all the quests, I may have accidentally messed some things up..

I really like my character as I've committed so much time into the game and this file :(

Own

This has been reported a few times since the launch, I assume it's just lower on the foodchain of fixes. Your save file isn't broken, you probably just need to type a command to reset that specific quest, super simple solution.

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact commands used to reset quests. Someone will be along eventually to post the correct solution, but if you want to risk it I believe these commands should reset the entire potion questline. Be sure to back up your character and world save files first, on the off chance that I'm wrong. :D ;

/forget _SideQuest_AlchemistApprentice
/forget _SideQuest_PumpkinInspection

Bashi

Green Slime
This has been reported a few times since the launch, I assume it's just lower on the foodchain of fixes. Your save file isn't broken, you probably just need to type a command to reset that specific quest, super simple solution.

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact commands used to reset quests. Someone will be along eventually to post the correct solution, but if you want to risk it I believe these commands should reset the entire potion questline. Be sure to back up your character and world save files first, on the off chance that I'm wrong. :D ;

/forget _SideQuest_AlchemistApprentice
/forget _SideQuest_PumpkinInspection
Ohh, thank you so much for getting back to me! I'll give it a try! :D

Edit: I think it worked! I did make sure to fully go through the quest this time around! Thank you so much!

Last edited: