Secrets of Grindea playthrough on YouTube.

Emulate character voices?

• Total voters
I really like your videos, and I'm generally no one who watches Let's Plays :p But you should actually take some time in Evergrind City and Startington, talking with all NPCs, there are some side quests / crafting / fishing and so on which you would miss otherwise.

Keep it up, man!

Onegimp

Green Slime
I really like your videos, and I'm generally no one who watches Let's Plays :p But you should actually take some time in Evergrind City and Startington, talking with all NPCs, there are some side quests / crafting / fishing and so on which you would miss otherwise.

Keep it up, man!
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it! At this point in the game I'm planning on checking out all of the towns and things I've passed as I think I'm pretty close to finishing what storyline there is so far. I wasn't sure if people wanted to see all that or not, but one is enough for me :).

Own

I'd like to see the storyline up to the 'companion'.

And I'd love to see how you survive in Arcade Mode, see how your town builds up.

Onegimp

Green Slime
I'd like to see the storyline up to the 'companion'.

And I'd love to see how you survive in Arcade Mode, see how your town builds up.
I will play the storyline until there is no story left, and if you'd like, I'll be more than happy to do Arcade Mode!

Onegimp

Green Slime
So, a bit of bad news. I went through town, picked up the quest from the old bird lady and picked up the fishing pole, then went back to the pumpkin woods and finished that side quest. The issue is that I didn't realize that the hard drive I was recording to was full (14 hours of nothing was on there, stinking cats and their keyboard fetish), so now my question is, do you want me to replay up to there on a different person so you can see it, or just move on? I'm willing to replay up to there so everyone can see it, just thought I'd get your guys opinion on it.

Onegimp

Green Slime
So, a bit of bad news. I went through town, picked up the quest from the old bird lady and picked up the fishing pole, then went back to the pumpkin woods and finished that side quest. The issue is that I didn't realize that the hard drive I was recording to was full (14 hours of nothing was on there, stinking cats and their keyboard fetish), so now my question is, do you want me to replay up to there on a different person so you can see it, or just move on? I'm willing to replay up to there so everyone can see it, just thought I'd get your guys opinion on it.
Alternatively, if there is a way to go back on this save I'm willing to try it, but I have yet to see a way to accomplish this.

Ah, the cat is strong with this one. I don't think there is a way to go back to an old save as the old slot is overwritten when you save. Only way I could think of is a system restore point from before (not) recording the latest video, but that might take it a bit far.

I guess you should just keep playing on and then playing arcade mode. You could do a multiplayer story playthrough further down the version road, to make up for the catty disgrace :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You can work around this by creating a new character and thus creating a new world save file. Play everything with the new character until you are at the spot you want to continue on, then you rename the world file to whatever number your first characters world save file has and you can continue as it almost never happend. You won't get the rewards or the exp again but atleast you get to go through the process again. Hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll do a step-by-step thing for you. ;)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I would just leave it and make a short explanation at the start of the next video. People will understand. Maybe promise, that when the game is out of beta, that you'll Let's Play it again and without mistakes^-^.

Also Yuuki of this Forum has made a "Simple Savefile Manager", which can make automatic backups and is pure bliss for Tester/Youtubers.
It is useful if you want to test some things and then reverse it, that you can do only once. Like fighting the Black Ferrets at the beginning or other single time bosses.
And of course if you make something where a second chance maybe very useful...(Let's Playing)

Onegimp

Green Slime
Thank you guys for the tips! I'll see what I can do when I can get out of work to correct this. If not, my apologies, and I do plan on re-playing this game in it's entirety when it's fully released. I'll be uploading another video today(not SoG related) so I'm at least putting something up today to make up for my mistake.

Own

Sidequests aren't really that important, and you having to go through them again would more or less be you just going through the motions. I say skip them and just finish out the storyline.