Wineskin Port for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegampyre

Green Slime
I recently purchased the game, and I wanted to play it on my laptop, which is a MacBook Pro. I was attempting to port the game to a Wineskin Wrapper (to no avail), and wondered if anyone else had been able to succeed where I had failed. Help is much appreciated!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm not a Mac user so I can't really help you but I've heard you can install Windows as a secondary OS on your Mac so that you can play games that only work on PC. How that works or where you can find information about it you'll have to figure out yourself but I know that it's possible. What you're talking about sounds easier than all this Windows on a Mac crap (let's face it, you don't buy a Mac to use Windows on it.. XD) so hopefully someone more qualified to answer this question will find their way here and help you. :p Maybe any of these guys can help you: @Teddy @ark626 @MrChocodemon

Omegampyre

Green Slime
I'm not a Mac user so I can't really help you but I've heard you can install Windows as a secondary OS on your Mac so that you can play games that only work on PC. How that works or where you can find information about it you'll have to figure out yourself but I know that it's possible. What you're talking about sounds easier than all this Windows on a Mac crap (let's face it, you don't buy a Mac to use Windows on it.. XD) so hopefully someone more qualified to answer this question will find their way here and help you. :p Maybe any of these guys can help you: @Teddy @ark626 @MrChocodemon
It is possible for me to run another operating system through other programs such as Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion, but I would prefer trying to run it through Wine or Wineskin.

garish gnome

Green Slime
It is possible for me to run another operating system through other programs such as Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion, but I would prefer trying to run it through Wine or Wineskin.
The only mention I've seen on this (very small) forum is an older version run through Wine on Linux. http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/linux-try.130/#post-5734

Whether it's relevant for newer versions, I haven't a clue. Nor do I know if Linux and Mac's Wine differs. I also recall failing to get the game to function on Linux, so there's that. I have a feeling Linux/Mac help is going to be in short supply until the game gets more exposure.

There is also the issue of there being, I think, no frontline version for the non-steam version; so a virtual machine might still be preferable if you can get it to run decently.

Omegampyre

Green Slime
The only mention I've seen on this (very small) forum is an older version run through Wine on Linux. http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/linux-try.130/#post-5734

Whether it's relevant for newer versions, I haven't a clue. Nor do I know if Linux and Mac's Wine differs. I also recall failing to get the game to function on Linux, so there's that. I have a feeling Linux/Mac help is going to be in short supply until the game gets more exposure.

There is also the issue of there being, I think, no frontline version for the non-steam version; so a virtual machine might still be preferable if you can get it to run decently.
This helped a great deal, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.