Arcade mode Highscores

Own

I decided to have a quick game with a 2-handed weapon and, well,

SMM80NB.png

ezlauSD.png

Spin to win, baby. I probably got lucky, the game gave me Faeries and Hydra. Compared to Winter, they're a joke. Scraped by with 31 HP with Winter and I slapped those bosses around.

Winter is like the Summoning Crystal x100. He's the absolute last boss you ever wanna see. :p

Anyone want to beat 1,490,640? Less than 10k away from a solid 1.5 mil. Bah! :D

Also, for anyone looking for reccomendations, this was a Whirlslash + Protect + Haste build. It maxed +10% Damage, +Crit%, +CritDMG and +AttackSpeed. Much more fun than running around with Insects and Earth Spikes like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Maybe I'll try to beat Arcade with a 1-handed build next.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I decided to have a quick game with a 2-handed weapon and, well,

SMM80NB.png

ezlauSD.png

Spin to win, baby. I probably got lucky, the game gave me Faeries and Hydra. Compared to Winter, they're a joke. Scraped by with 31 HP with Winter and I slapped those bosses around.

Winter is like the Summoning Crystal x100. He's the absolute last boss you ever wanna see. :p

Anyone want to beat 1,490,640? Less than 10k away from a solid 1.5 mil. Bah! :D

Also, for anyone looking for reccomendations, this was a Whirlslash + Protect + Haste build. It maxed +10% Damage, +Crit%, +CritDMG and +AttackSpeed. Much more fun than running around with Insects and Earth Spikes like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Maybe I'll try to beat Arcade with a 1-handed build next.
That's a lot of HP you got there! What items do you have?

Own

The green HP boosting Season Temple boots, Pecko Card, Bloomo Card and both +HP perks. My third perk is the upgraded 2-handed sword.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Good to see your spin2win build got you a fatter score than the bite&kite run with the swarm! :D

About the terror of Winter, perhaps he should be a guaranteed boss on floor 12, like Gun-D4m in Flying Fortress? Would be quite fitting to have him be the gatekeeper of finishing the current Arcade Mode.

Own

I think the difference between the two is that you don't dread seeing Gundam. You can kill Gundam with any build because he's all about attack patterns and you can steadily get in damage on him.

Winter is just... a mess, for quite a few skills that can't do quick damage (Insect Swarm, Plant, Cloud Strike, Snowbuddy, etc). For the majority of the fight you're not trying to hit him, you're trying to avoid being hit by him. Freezing wind blasts that can lock you down and kill you in one go if you're not careful, entire screen-spamming ice thorns that are nearly impossible to dodge (especially with snowfists mixed in), dozens of snow fist spawning orbs launched all across the arena. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have a massive amount of HP and Defense to match his narrow windows where he can be attacked.

It would be helpful if Winter had even one projectile you could perfect guard like Phaseman's green orb that stuns him briefly when he's hit by it. Maybe a fired snowflake shuriken, I dunno.

Winter is great as a constant fear that you might encounter him, in my opinion, like the Summoning Crystal. But it does make more sense for him to be the floor 12 boss, I guess.

Do whatever you think would make for the best challenge. :)

As a sidenote: Did you remove the Yeti+Frostling boss? I haven't encountered it once. Did you guys find it was too hard as well? :p

Own

Dangit! I went SO far with my Shadow Assassin build and in the end, it gave me Fairies and Hydra. It's official: Spin2Win is easier than Shadow Assassin by far. And Spin2Win gives better score, at that. 20,000 shy of a new record. ;_;

upload_2015-4-29_8-14-39.png

I hoarded every single +DEF item I could get my hands on to try and survive Winter's Blizzard in Arcade, though. In the end, though I never fought Winter, these were my stats:

upload_2015-4-29_8-16-12.png

I wonder if 111 defense and an Ice Shield would've been enough to hold off the blizzard bypass Winter's maze of jerkery? Hrrrm.

But, there you have it. It's possible to beat the Arcade with Magic, 1-handed and 2-handed. :D

Viable Builds in order of ease (in singleplayer):

Insect Swarm, Earth Spike.
Whirlslash, Protect.
Shadow Clone, Spirit Slash.

Own

The best part about 3P and 4P was we were playing with someone who had only played Arcade once or twice before, he got the hang of the ropes pretty well.

Plus in the 4P run, which is insanely hard, we all had at least one moment where we solo-carried the run a little farther with all other team mates dead.

2 elite Halloweeds killed my team mates and I had to solo-kill them, Host had to solo the last 1/4 of Terrorweed, newbie had to solo Gundam's final barrage after the rest of us died in it and P4 carried some ridiculous Winter room.

When you see Total Damage Taken: 1,000+ Rank: D, you know 4P is ridiculous. I'd love to see a group get farther than we did.

I feel kind of bad for new people who buy the game in a 4-pack and run 3P or 4P Arcade, because that is SO much more difficult than 1-player could ever be.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The existence of this thread alone makes me bow down to everyone here... I've gotten to the pumpkin woods... twice? :'(

Anyway, feel free to laugh:

Highscore.png

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You should team up with Own and have him teach you. :D
It's not that I really need the teaching, my strategy is good in terms of my build (I use a combo of Ice nova, shadow clone and insult to injury, which works quite well), I just need to memorize attack patterns and how to deal with large groups of enemies... I think I'll try using the nova as a more offensive weapon in terms of its knockback, see how that works for a couple runs :D

GarlicJelly

It's not that I really need the teaching, my strategy is good in terms of my build (I use a combo of Ice nova, shadow clone and insult to injury, which works quite well), I just need to memorize attack patterns and how to deal with large groups of enemies... I think I'll try using the nova as a more offensive weapon in terms of its knockback, see how that works for a couple runs :D
It would still be quite interesting (and helpful) to see how he handles the different attacks and the different enemy combos on all the floors. :)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It would still be quite interesting (and helpful) to see how he handles the different attacks and the different enemy combos on all the floors. :)
I suppose... the best way to learn is from the masters :D

As a side not, gratz on the moderator you two :D

And your fan art has been postponed for a short while due to more exams and the tediousness of colouring pencils (hope you don't mind :/)

Own

Eeeh, I don't have much motivation to play Arcade unless my high score has been beaten. Which it has, in 1P, so that's nice. The current #1 lucked into an easy first floor of FF, getting all S-Ranks. :p

Watch this if you need a general strat.

GarlicJelly

I suppose... the best way to learn is from the masters :D

As a side not, gratz on the moderator you two :D

And your fan art has been postponed for a short while due to more exams and the tediousness of colouring pencils (hope you don't mind :/)
I don't mind the delayed fan art and thanks. :)