Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

Crazyfighter

Green Slime
Thank you very mcuh.I also want to know what is the effect of the chill.The game separate the slow debuff from the chill debuff.Can it incerease the chance of the crit.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The german word for fairy is "Fee" and i think that the swedish translation also would share some similarity to that.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Thank you very mcuh.I also want to know what is the effect of the chill.The game separate the slow debuff from the chill debuff.Can it incerease the chance of the crit.
I think it works like this: Slow is just affecting movement speed while Chill affects the movement speed AND attackspeed.
The german word for fairy is "Fee" and i think that the swedish translation also would share some similarity to that.
The swedish word for Fairy is Fe so it's pretty much exactly like the german word. :p

UTech

Rabby
Question! Is the sign in front of the witches house for a future thing? Like wearing the witch hat triggers something? Also wondering if the pet catching items will become ultra rare drops, because grinding out an apple pie to catch a giga slime sounds awesome

GarlicJelly

Question! Is the sign in front of the witches house for a future thing? Like wearing the witch hat triggers something? Also wondering if the pet catching items will become ultra rare drops, because grinding out an apple pie to catch a giga slime sounds awesome
Do you mean the sign that shows a witch hat outside of Candy's hut? I think it's just a sign to show that there lives a witch there. :)

Aghork

Green Slime
I think Fae and Fairy is the same. I don't think Fae is a real english word but I think it's the devs made up word for Fairy. Maybe they thought that a Fae were a similar thing to a Fairy but they wanted to make some things different about their Fairies so they made up their own ones and called them Faes. :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy
it is an english word but a pretty new one, at least in this particular spelling:

Faie became Modern English fay "a fairy"; the word is, however, rarely used, although it is well known as part of the name of the legendary sorceress Morgan le Fay of Arthurian legend. Faierie became fairy, but with that spelling now almost exclusively referring to one of the legendary people, with the same meaning as fay. In the sense "land where fairies dwell", the distinctive and archaic spellings Faery and Faerie are often used. Faery is also used in the sense of "a fairy", and the back-formation fae, as an equivalent or substitute for fay is now sometimes seen.

I have seen the word used in this way in many fantasy books and games, so I was surprised to see people who didn't know it.

GarlicJelly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy
it is an english word but a pretty new one, at least in this particular spelling:

Faie became Modern English fay "a fairy"; the word is, however, rarely used, although it is well known as part of the name of the legendary sorceress Morgan le Fay of Arthurian legend. Faierie became fairy, but with that spelling now almost exclusively referring to one of the legendary people, with the same meaning as fay. In the sense "land where fairies dwell", the distinctive and archaic spellings Faery and Faerie are often used. Faery is also used in the sense of "a fairy", and the back-formation fae, as an equivalent or substitute for fay is now sometimes seen.

I have seen the word used in this way in many fantasy books and games, so I was surprised to see people who didn't know it.
Well, English is not my native language and I wouldn't say my vocabulary is very developed so to know if a word is old or new is a little bit hard. Thanks for clearing that out though. :D

Sugarspoon

Green Slime
Thought I might ask the question here too since I might not get an answer on IRC.

I managed to meet one of the developers at the Swedish Game Awards award cermony and got a beta key some good year(s?) back and I managed to play it through Desura, but I keep hearing people playing it on steam atm, is it possible to turn my account active on steam in some way since I can still play the Beta on the Desura platform?

GarlicJelly

Thought I might ask the question here too since I might not get an answer on IRC.

I managed to meet one of the developers at the Swedish Game Awards award cermony and got a beta key some good year(s?) back and I managed to play it through Desura, but I keep hearing people playing it on steam atm, is it possible to turn my account active on steam in some way since I can still play the Beta on the Desura platform?
If I remember correctly everyone that posted feedback on the reddit sub forum got a steam key sent to their email so that they could keep participating in the beta when it moved to Steam. I'm not 100% sure if that was how it was of if there was something else you had to do to get a beta key for the steam version. If you did get a beta key for steam then you should find it in your email or in a private message on your Desura account I think. If you did not receive a beta key for steam then you'll have to go and pre-order the game to get access to the beta, which can be done here.

Sugarspoon

Green Slime
Ah, so one who does not "do reddit" missed out on that chance, a shame. ^^;

Edit: Guess I can keep playing the desura version then. That beta version is getting the same love as steam currently is or is that like an old version that was just a beta for a certain time?

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Ah, so one who does not "do reddit" missed out on that chance, a shame. ^^;

Edit: Guess I can keep playing the desura version then. That beta version is getting the same love as steam currently is or is that like an old version that was just a beta for a certain time?
I don't browse reddit but I posted a First Impression there once so I got access to a steam key. I don't know if they still update the Desura version. Can you enter the snow area?

Sugarspoon

Green Slime
I don't browse reddit but I posted a First Impression there once so I got access to a steam key. I don't know if they still update the Desura version. Can you enter the snow area?
Let's just say "I think not" considering that it crashed when I talked to the fisherman in the merchant stand in the first town where you become a collector and denied his request.

GarlicJelly

Let's just say "I think not" considering that it crashed when I talked to the fisherman in the merchant stand in the first town where you become a collector and denied his request.
That's an old bug that has been fixed in both the stable and the frontline version of the game on steam. A lot of things have been changed and fixed since the Desura time so I would suggest per-ordering the game to play all the new things. :D

Sugarspoon

Green Slime
That's an old bug that has been fixed in both the stable and the frontline version of the game on steam. A lot of things have been changed and fixed since the Desura time so I would suggest per-ordering the game to play all the new things. :D
Well, glad to see it fixed. Did the forum get updated or something by the way? Acording to my account I did my first post today and I remember clearly that I sent in some kinda beta overview years ago on the forums.

GarlicJelly

Well, glad to see it fixed. Did the forum get updated or something by the way? Acording to my account I did my first post today and I remember clearly that I sent in some kinda beta overview years ago on the forums.
I don't think so... Your account says you joined today which means you didn't have an account here before. Maybe you had an account on the reddit forum or maybe there was a Desura forum where you could post stuff. It's been such a long time since I used Desura so I don't remember if there was a forum part there as well. This forum got an update not too long ago but I don't think they removed old/inactive accounts so if you had an account here before the update then it should still be here.