Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I wanted to try multiplayer but it says I have to write in someones IP... I thought a list of open games would pop up and that I could simply click to join one. What it the dealio with mp?
So multiplayer works like in Minecrraft, you have to know the IP of the Host you're connecting to. There is a multiplayer thread here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/steam-usernames-and-steam-group.1096/
I don't know if the players in the thread are still active but it's worth a try. ;)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
You need the IP of an host; or host yourself, give your IP to someone and let them join

Right now there is no Server listing and i don't know if there is something like this planned.

Sam Kerr said:
What it the dealio with mp?
Any further questions? Do you want a more detailed answer on how this exactly works?
Or maybe you just want people to play? --> click here

Synergy

Green Slime
Seeing as this thread was created back in April I will assume more content has been uploaded which would make it last longer then 2~ hours. What I am unclear on however is if this applies to the story mode or not... I saw in the game play trailer footage of the winter landscape but I am unbable to accsess it. Are there more then one temple avaliable at this point?

Cheynas

Rabby
Seeing as this thread was created back in April I will assume more content has been uploaded which would make it last longer then 2~ hours. What I am unclear on however is if this applies to the story mode or not... I saw in the game play trailer footage of the winter landscape but I am unbable to accsess it. Are there more then one temple avaliable at this point?

Currently, the second temple is being worked on.
If you jump into the latest branch available, you can play through the unfinished winter landscape.

However, the winter area is not feature complete yet, and needs a bit of polishing so go into it with that in mind.

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
I gathered that the save files for the game is located at %AppData%/Roaming ..

But how are individual save slots handled ? I noticed that there is a separate file created in the Characters and World folders for each save slot. But if I delete a set of Character and World file ( eg: 2.cha and 2.wld ) , no save slots are deleted from the game.

Yuuki

Boar
I gathered that the save files for the game is located at %AppData%/Roaming ..

But how are individual save slots handled ? I noticed that there is a separate file created in the Characters and World folders for each save slot. But if I delete a set of Character and World file ( eg: 2.cha and 2.wld ) , no save slots are deleted from the game.
the reason for that lies in steam, steam has an cloud save option. The priority goes like this - local -> cloud. If the local files is gone he will use the latest cloud one.

You can delete the cloud one here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(random number)\(game id)\remote

atleast i think so.

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
the reason for that lies in steam, steam has an cloud save option. The priority goes like this - local -> cloud. If the local files is gone he will use the latest cloud one.

You can delete the cloud one here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(random number)\(game id)\remote

atleast i think so.

I disabled Steam Cloud beforehand, so it shouldn't be intefering, unless it is still able to use old Cloud saves.. As Steam Cloud is enabled by default, and I didn't disable it from the start.

Btw, does Shadow Clone work for skills such as Blade Furry ? I don't see the bonus damage, or is it happening too fast :p

GarlicJelly

I disabled Steam Cloud beforehand, so it shouldn't be intefering, unless it is still able to use old Cloud saves.. As Steam Cloud is enabled by default, and I didn't disable it from the start.

Btw, does Shadow Clone work for skills such as Blade Furry ? I don't see the bonus damage, or is it happening too fast :p
Shadow Clone does not combo with other skills. That would be way to strong. XD

Can I ask why you try to remove your save files manually? There are ways inside the game to remove them unless you're trying to reset your Arcade mode save file. XD

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
Shadow Clone does not combo with other skills. That would be way to strong. XD

Can I ask why you try to remove your save files manually? There are ways inside the game to remove them unless you're trying to reset your Arcade mode save file. XD

Oh I see haha, hmm in that case I might have to consider not adding too much to Shadow Clone..

I am actually trying to 'clone' a single character's save file for the fun of it ><

GarlicJelly

That sounds easy. Have you tried to go to %appdata% and remove the slot you wanna use, make a copy of the save file you wanna double and then rename the copy to assign it a new save slot. I've played around some with the save files to refight bosses like Marino but I've never tried to clone a character. :p

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
That sounds easy. Have you tried to go to %appdata% and remove the slot you wanna use, make a copy of the save file you wanna double and then rename the copy to assign it a new save slot. I've played around some with the save files to refight bosses like Marino but I've never tried to clone a character. :p

A single character slot refers to the .cha and .wld files right ? I tried removing them but it didn't delete a character as expected.

GarlicJelly

I think you need to remove .cha and .bak to delete your character. .wld is just saving your location in the questline for the story as far as I know. I've replaced my current world file on my "main character" with one I just created on a new character to play the story again with my high level character just for fun. :D

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
Gotta try it out again later, maybe the previous Steam Cloud saves are still interfering in my case..

Having lots of issues with the Toy factory boss, can't seem to manipulate the tracks properly..
Edit : Okay cleared the Toy Factory boss.. Apparently if I leave a single box alive, the boss wouldn't spawn ore boxes :p . Doesn't work all the time though.

Hmm the Toy Factory quest seems to be the limit of the beta, but I am only at 74% completion :O . Maybe I have to re-talk to some people.

A quest which requires me to obtain The Essence of Spring from Santa, but Santa doesn't have the quest (!) on his head. Any ideas on what am I missing ? I spoke to Mrs Santa already.

Last edited:

Cheynas

Rabby
Toy factory is the current limit, until the Oracle Temple of the Seasons is implemented.

The percent completion is based on cards, quests and drops. Get all different drops from mobs, all cards, and finish all sidequests, and you'll end up ~150%.
I'm currently at around 142%, with only a few cards and two pesky drops remaining.

ReamOfWool

Green Slime
Toy factory is the current limit, until the Oracle Temple of the Seasons is implemented.

The percent completion is based on cards, quests and drops. Get all different drops from mobs, all cards, and finish all sidequests, and you'll end up ~150%.
I'm currently at around 142%, with only a few cards and two pesky drops remaining.

Ahh I see, I thought Completion only refers to the storyline completion :) , thanks.

Is the 'Frozen Fairytale' quest one of those quests that cannot be completed ? I can't find the Essence Of Spring anywhere..