Lets start excitment

Thalldor

Green Slime
HELLO!

It appears that these forums have been fairly quiet as of late for what ever reason so lets cause some commotion and lets engage in communication though internet text towards each other about pointless or interesting topics.

So lets keep things around here more lively because why not!

I can start if necessary... What do you think of green slimes? xD

--
Green Slime

res7less

Jumpkin
Aw, no gelatine? I was hoping they would taste something like gummy bears. Not the ones from the cartoon, that is, I mean the fruit gum candies.

Hm... thinking of that, could it be that the slimes originated from a failed brewing experiment of Candy's? In their description it says "No one really knows where they come from, [...]", but that could explain it. She intended to create big and self-reproducing fruit gums, so there would be more for all the kids outside. But unfortunately her experiment failed and her brew came alive. The self-reproducing part worked, and maybe even the taste, but she didn't want them to be "sentient" - or in their case "instinct-driven" and she also didn't want them to attack everything. The slimes soon began to multiply and populate the Evergrind Fields, so then Candy had to leave and move to the Pumpkin Forest, hoping that no one would ever find out this dire secret of hers.

Well, that's only a theory, of course.

Last edited:

Thalldor

Green Slime
Aw, no gelatine? I was hoping they would taste something like gummy bears. Not the ones from the cartoon, that is, I mean the fruit gum candies.

Hm... thinking of that, could it be that the slimes originated from a failed brewing experiment of Candy's? In their description it says "No one really knows where they come from, [...]", but that could explain it. She intended to create big and self-reproducing fruit gums, so there would be more for all the kids outside. But unfortunately her experiment failed and her brew came alive. The self-reproducing part worked, and maybe even the taste, but she didn't want them to be "sentient" - or in their case "instinct-driven" and she also didn't want them to attack everything. The slimes soon began to multiply and populate the Evergrind Fields, so then Candy had to leave and move to the Pumpkin Forest, hoping that no one would ever find out this dire secret of hers.

Well, that's only a theory, of course.

Usually slimes are a type of acid (Like the acids that are in your stomach) and so it would burn the flesh of any travelers that step into the slime dissolving into them which is how they eat. In this game because it seems green slime's favorite meal is apples they'll taste like apples but because they are usually on grass they would taste like grass and other stuff as well because they dissolve the grass BUT again because they game doesn't say that we have no idea so we just have to simply guess because we have no cannon thing regarding that unless you have a better idea...

Thalldor

Green Slime
Meh, your explanation makes too much sense to be fun :p Mine is much more exciting!

Haha, indeed. Although because the Slimes are not in the cursed forest means that they could have not originated from there. There is no sign of disturbance or anything trying to conjure Slimes so it is unknown on who is creating these slimes so until we know it will be a mystery... Unless I put money into the game then it would no longer be a mystery as I would solve the case of the Green Slimes by putting a character or something into the game but... That's too much money so I hope that by being the forums they'll do something for the Green Slimes one of these days.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Give me an acid that is solid at room temperature and I'll let that slide. It also has to be green. Make sure you include red and blue variants as well :p

That would be fairly expensive as red slime is one of the rarer types but we can probably make an exchange if necessary for green, blue and red "acid" without harming any slimes...

... Hmm, perhaps our currency in our currency as well... Lets say... 1 MILLION APPLES! :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
By "Give me" I meant "find". So tell me an acid which is solid at room temperature and only then will I accept your definition as correct :p

res7less

Jumpkin
Slimes are not in the cursed forest means that they could have not originated from there

I actually covered that by stating that Candy moved to the forest after her mistake, or because of it. Meaning, she wanted to hide from the people in case someone should find out that it was her fault. But now, so much time has passed, so she is now feeling comfortable in the forest and doesn't fear the people anymore - and even visits the festival!

Thalldor

Green Slime
I actually covered that by stating that Candy moved to the forest after her mistake, or because of it. Meaning, she wanted to hide from the people in case someone should find out that it was her fault. But now, so much time has passed, so she is now feeling comfortable in the forest and doesn't fear the people anymore - and even visits the festival!

Although there is still no indication that she was the one to create the slimes and I'm sure if it was to be a big mistake that caused a major issue it wouldn't just be slimes as slimes in grindea MUST have been around for awhile as there are slime pillows and other slime goodies that you can see in peoples houses and so if that is the case I don't think she is the cause of it. But it is still a possibility...

res7less

Jumpkin
slimes in grindea MUST have been around for awhile as there are slime pillows and other slime goodies that you can see in peoples houses
That's actually a really good argument, but you are underestimating smart merchants and Mrs. Claus' manufacturing capabilities! If they noticed a trend ongoing, there will be merchandise selling quicker than you can say "what's a slime?". If you remember, talking and dealing with Mrs. Claus felt like dealing with a businesswoman since she referred to "economy" and "making bad deals" and she would surely know how to use an upcoming slime hype to make money out of it by quickly producing toys and such in her and Santa's toy factory (before it was thrashed by unknown individuals).

Regarding Candy, I would estimate her age to about 40-45 since she would surely be able to concoct potent face-lifting masks for herself to keep her looks young. So, if one assumes that such an event could have happened 20 years ago, she would have been 20-25 years old, where she would be already mature enough to brew stuff, but still foolish enough to attempt something she doesn't yet fully comprehend.

All in all I think 20 years (even 10 years) would be more than enough for the slimes to spread in Evergrind, a fan hype started and toys manufactured and sold based on that hype.

Thalldor

Green Slime
That's actually a really good argument, but you are underestimating smart merchants and Mrs. Claus' manufacturing capabilities! If they noticed a trend ongoing, there will be merchandise selling quicker than you can say "what's a slime?". If you remember, talking and dealing with Mrs. Claus felt like dealing with a businesswoman since she referred to "economy" and "making bad deals" and she would surely know how to use an upcoming slime hype to make money out of it by quickly producing toys and such in her and Santa's toy factory (before it was thrashed by unknown individuals).

Regarding Candy, I would estimate her age to about 40-45 since she would surely be able to concoct potent face-lifting masks for herself to keep her looks young. So, if one assumes that such an event could have happened 20 years ago, she would have been 20-25 years old, where she would be already mature enough to brew stuff, but still foolish enough to attempt something she doesn't yet fully comprehend.

All in all I think 20 years (even 10 years) would be more than enough for the slimes to spread in Evergrind, a fan hype started and toys manufactured and sold based on that hype.

If that is the case then why are all the slimes separated throughout the land as well with multiple colors. The blue slimes confirm that they are not made out of any type of candy as they are mostly frost or frozen slimes and we are to believe there are to be other types of slimes in the future. If she was to have an incident it would have been in the form of the slimes since there are many types of slimes that are separated throughout the land that are in the form of different slime types and I doubt she would create green slime then make frost slime then travel to the frost land to drop off the blue slimes there (Same goes with the other future slime types when they come)

res7less

Jumpkin
If that is the case then why are all the slimes separated throughout the land as well with multiple colors. The blue slimes confirm that they are not made out of any type of candy as they are mostly frost or frozen slimes and we are to believe there are to be other types of slimes in the future. If she was to have an incident it would have been in the form of the slimes since there are many types of slimes that are separated throughout the land that are in the form of different slime types and I doubt she would create green slime then make frost slime then travel to the frost land to drop off the blue slimes there (Same goes with the other future slime types when they come)

You're right, she couldn't have created the blue slimes (and all other slimes that follow). But slimes are adaptive in nature and as the blue slimes' description says, they "have taken inspiration from their environment". While spreading throughout the lands, the green slimes that ventured as far as Seasonne could have mutated in time, adapting to the cold environment and taking on its shape and color to better fit in. I imagine similar things would happen to other slime cousins, that we will hopefully witness one day.

Desert slimes could be yellow/light brown (if they would manage to uphold their substance in those arid lands) and volcanic slimes would probably be gray or blackish from the soot and obsidian environment. Once Candy set the slimes in motion, she had no more control of what they will evolve into.

Thalldor

Green Slime
You're right, she couldn't have created the blue slimes (and all other slimes that follow). But slimes are adaptive in nature and as the blue slimes' description says, they "have taken inspiration from their environment". While spreading throughout the lands, the green slimes that ventured as far as Seasonne could have mutated in time, adapting to the cold environment and taking on its shape and color to better fit in. I imagine similar things would happen to other slime cousins, that we will hopefully witness one day.

Desert slimes could be yellow/light brown (if they would manage to uphold their substance in those arid lands) and volcanic slimes would probably be gray or blackish from the soot and obsidian environment. Once Candy set the slimes in motion, she had no more control of what they will evolve into.

That is indeed correct as regarding my own slime lore that I created that fits fairly well as my slime lore that I created for this game does fit their adeptive nature. The main thing is that usually green slimes almost contain apples and that can be noted for many reasons as well as green slimes are rather attracted to apples, apples are usually rich in sugar which then could relate to candy but going with your theory why would the green slimes be attracted to apples? It might be able to be noted that the slimes need to dissolve the sugar of the apple to contain their acidic nature. It also could be noted that slime originated from a concoction of apples and some type of candy but there has yet to be proof of that.

I like how we are putting so much thought into the elusive slimes and a developer is just going to come by a face palm because they know the answer are we are probably dancing around it. That or its much more simpiler than it seems. xD

Update: It also could be noted that slimes were around for a VERY long time because slimes can withstand extreme conditions meaning they could have been around even before candy was even alive and much so after that as they could have evolved over time into that form

Last edited:

res7less

Jumpkin
I like how we are putting so much thought into the elusive slimes and a developer is just going to come by a face palm because they know the answer are we are probably dancing around it. That or its much more simpiler than it seems. xD
Haha, yeah, but it's fun discussing fictional things on a high level using fabrications of one's own (and some minor hints accidently placed in the game probably pointing at nothing at all)! I bet the devs will rather be facepalming because we are "dancing around" something that doesn't even exist! :D

Thalldor

Green Slime
Haha, yeah, but it's fun discussing fictional things on a high level using fabrications of one's own (and some minor hints accidently placed in the game probably pointing at nothing at all)! I bet the devs will rather be facepalming because we are "dancing around" something that doesn't even exist! :D

But green slimes MUST have critical lore as it is required for the creation of the game! We must find out their true secret! The secret of slimes MUST be sought for and found out. It may even provide the answer for the final boss. xD