Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

Dgikmo

Rabby
On a perfect block, Crystal Shield absorbs 1/4 the damage as opposed to 1/2 seen by other shields. That's why it has (much) lower ShieldHP than other shields.

Xarich

Green Slime
A lot of people, including myself have been asking for this feature but to do that they have to put so much work on the animations for every piece of armour that Fred would never be able to see daylight ever again. There is just to much work for one animator to do that kind of stuff and if we ever want this game to be finished we just have to let some really really sweet stuff go because it's not possible for an indie studio. :p
I see your point haha.
I'm not even upset about it, its a great game!

Cleverson

Green Slime
So far I have about 5 hours of play, just over 50% in advance, and the map that have opened so far there is the first city, the Haunted Forest, the Flying Temple and not much else. All other routes are blocked or inaccessible.
My question is: is this the whole game content yet, or there's more (routes, city and / or scenarios) and that I am unable to move forward because I'm not doing something correctly? heheh

Attachments

• 2014-04-24_00001.jpg
    2014-04-24_00001.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 11

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So far I have about 5 hours of play, just over 50% in advance, and the map that have opened so far there is the first city, the Haunted Forest, the Flying Temple and not much else. All other routes are blocked or inaccessible.
My question is: is this the whole game content yet, or there's more (routes, city and / or scenarios) and that I am unable to move forward because I'm not doing something correctly? heheh
Give it a try to walk out of Evergrind City to the west. :D

Cleverson

Green Slime
Give it a try to walk out of Evergrind City to the west. :D
Yes, I went through Evergrind Fields: West, did the quest to recover the lost chicken and everything else but no more accessible maps. The map above is not completed and to the left I can not move.
I do not know if the map is not being completed or also because I was too stupid and did not understand what it takes to do. XD

Dgikmo

Rabby
Point your computer to /%appdata%/Secrets of Grindea and there should be a file titled arcademode.sav. Kill it and your town goes away.

At least, I think it does. I haven't confirmed it, but that's at least what my knowledge of computers tells me.

Ace!

Green Slime
Will there be a feature that tells us the drop rates on specific items? Also do drop rates and/or experience increase in hard mode and co-op? I'm hoping that the card drop rates aren't as low as they are in ragnarok!

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
For now we don't plan to include a system which tells drop rates, but I can at least tell you that they're not as low at all as they are in RO ;D All items (including cards) have a different drop rate depending on which enemy drops them, so enemies that are hard to fight have higher drop rates than common slimes, for instance.

As for hard mode and co-op, the drops stay the same. The exp per enemy is increased a little in co-op, but since it's divided by the number of players you won't get as much exp per kill as you would in single player (but of course, you'll also kill enemies at least twice as fast, unless your friend/friends are slacking off in a corner)!