Interesting things to note that you may have missed.

Exploring Tai Ming uplifts some questions and things to note, especially what people say. Please note that this is all speculation and fun ideas, feel free to prove me wrong if I missed something or add more data that I may have missed!

1. The big one
We are obviously special and gifted in the game, being able to fight off every boss that comes our way as a kid, but one of our powers We didn't know we had but always use it.
"What do you mean?" I hear you ask
After defeating the two giant worms, if you talk to one of the NPC's around you after Zhalma's cut scene, one guard says something along the lines of "Wow, you somehow dodged them even when they were behind you".
Do you see it?
The key part there is "behind you". As the player, we can see everything around us, even behind walls. What this statement is saying is normal people can only see in front of them. Yes, haha, of course they can that obvious, but look, The in-game camera is a gift to the player! We can see 360 in every direction for as wide and as tall as your computer screen.

2. The artefacts
This came to mind while writing this forum post, less of a theory but something to think about.
We see in the Zhalma boss fight both Gaan'tlet and Amalet to try and kill the player, except for in their interaction when they meet for the "first time" What they Amalet says is very interesting with the information we have now.

Amalet refuses to acknowledge he had a master, saying "...owner? Nonsense! How can a slave own his master?" but we KNOW he HAD a master, its a phase in Zhalma's boss battle where we shows it. Is he just refusing to accept his defeat, or is bag correct saying Amalet really is senile?

Gaan'tlet doesn't remember Amalet. Actually they immediately hate each other, but they both used to work together. yes it was 1,000 years ago but these artefacts are godlike, how could they forget the people and things they worked with to cause so much death, especially as bag remembers! (See below) Will they remember each other in the future? What made them forget? So many questions.

Bag. The best character in the game (in my opinion), knows from the start. He saw what happened with Zhalma and his destruction of the world. He's been dropping clues throughout the game:
  • He knows Amalet had a master.
  • How he talks about "If the artefacts get in the wrong hands" when him and dad talk about reviving Mum
  • The conversation with Zhalma's Sister
  • The way he instantly knows what's happening and who your fighting when you start the Zhalma Boss battle.
And these are only some of many of the obvious clues he drops throughout the game, try and spot more for yourself!

3. Master Ivy.
This is pure speculation and theory, based of little fact and more pointing at a road the story could go down. This is mostly rambling that you can just think about

What we know about Master Ivy:
  • She cares little for anyone else
  • She wants to grow her own collection of rare items
  • She's the mead of the collectors guild
  • She's a Dictator
What do we know about the artefacts that have talked so far
  • They care little for anyone else (hmmm...)
  • They want to rule over the world (Like a dictator....?)
Yes its little go go off, but maybe ivy wasn't always a Dictator, maybes she was a collector that put on an artefact, making her the most powerful and putting her on top.
Although, the current artefacts we had had talk to each other don't wan't to be near each other, why would she be trying to collect more if they just wan't to destroy each other?

Honestly, I don't know. Master Ivy defiantly has something behind her, as a 4th or 5th boss. Shes the character I'm most excited to see what happens to her in the future and learn about her past.

4. My current questions.
How did Gaan'tlet and Amalet get to the Temple and Fortress?
Who plugged Amalet back in?
Why did winter put on Gann'tlet?
The ancient ruins to the north west of Evergrind, Who what why and when?
Who the hell got the rest of that loot from the ancient mimic that it spewed out! I earned that!
Why am I typing so much if I'm dyslexic? There's probably hundreds of mistakes in this huge post?
Why did I spend so much time on this!?

TL DR:
Your camera perspective is an abily you didn't know you had
The artefacts behaviour suggests they don't know their past, except bag
Master ivy is confusing and interesting as hell, but may be under control of an artefact.

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
As the player, we can see everything around us, even behind walls. What this statement is saying is normal people can only see in front of them.
Skilled warrior uses all of his senses, so 4th wall aside, our character could hear worms and feel the ground shaking. With this in mind, you don't need 360 degree sight to dodge them.

There's probably hundreds of mistakes in this huge post?
That's actually one of better posts I've seen, at least comparing to all posts I've seen on different forums. This forum has high level of posting grammar anyways, so it doesn't stand out here.

You might be interested in having a look into this thread ;)

This was actually quite intresting, Even more questions! I can't wait to get some answers, even if it'll take another 6 months, thanks for the link!

Skilled warrior uses all of his senses, so 4th wall aside, our character could hear worms and feel the ground shaking. With this in mind, you don't need 360 degree sight to dodge them.

That's actually one of better posts I've seen, at least comparing to all posts I've seen on different forums. This forum has high level of posting grammar anyways, so it doesn't stand out here.

To do with the senses, there's no way that you can tell everything that is happening on the screen just by using your senses, Such as knowing the monkey behind you has walked into the corner, picked up a pot and you somehow knew the exact time, direction, speed, and location of that pot to dodge it? I mean I know we're powerful but that's more than just senses.

Also thank you! I shall correct that typo immediately :p