Version 0.599f (+fufu+fumoffu)

Own

And one more... we with my friend in multiplayer did all quests implemented in new patch, main and side. And now in singleplayer they aren't saved... I need to do all them again...

You have the reward for the quest already, the only thing you miss is having it done in your personal quest log. This is in case you want to start and finish the quests yourself, I believe.

If you joined into a friend's game and they turned in a quest they had already satisfied the objective for with you in tow, I imagine you'd be a little miffed over having content taken away from you. :p You lose nothing but not having it finished on your personal world save.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Some day, the plan is to implement a system that works similarly to how it is in Arcade Mode. If you complete a quest in a friend's Arcadia, you will be prompted if you want to skip the quest when you get it!

It was a very trivial task to implement in Arcade Mode, but it's a bit more cumbersome for Story Mode since there are a lot more stuff to keep track of there.

Basically how it's supposed to work is that whenever you get a quest you've completed (side or main), the game will ask you if you want to skip it. If you choose yes, you will be teleported to where you would've been when the quest finished. So, for example, if you skip the first main story mission (get to Evergrind), you'd be teleported to Evergrind. Upon entering the arena, despite it not being a "real" quest, you'd be able to skip that and be teleported to after the exams, and so forth.

Since the game is actually a few hours long by now, perhaps the time is ripe to implement it soon!

Yuuki

Boar
how exactly does the bell secret work, i played their song a few times on the bells before the toy febric but nothing happens.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
how exactly does the bell secret work, i played their song a few times on the bells before the toy febric but nothing happens.

Apparently the Shadow Clone can interfere with the bells? Do you have it activated when hitting the bells?

Yuuki

Boar
i had it deactivated. it worked after a few tries.

is it normal that i cant level over lv 17 as of now?

Sparrows

Green Slime
is it normal that i cant level over lv 17 as of now?
I leveled to 19 before patch, just it takes a looooot of mobs to get levels. Hasn't tested on current patch however

Edit: No, I'm still taking experience. Spend 20 minutes of nonstop berserker-style farming of season knights and mages and upped about 5% of level :p

Last edited:

Own

Knights and Wizards are poor to level on since they're only level 10. Gifts and Presents are level 12, so they'll give much more EXP at higher levels due to the Enemy Level / Player Level difference.

I think I only got to level 23 by supergrinding waaay too fast south of the Winter Goddess Statue, then in the Toy Factory.

Own

Question about leaderboards - What's to stop the leaderboard from being infested with cheaters? There are already people who edit their game to be ridiculous levels to screw around in Arcade Mode. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Question about leaderboards - What's to stop the leaderboard from being infested with cheaters? There are already people who edit their game to be ridiculous levels to screw around in Arcade Mode. :p

I will sort of... explore the options while implementing it, and see what base level countermeasures can be put in place!

Sadly, at some point the leaderboards will get compromised, as with most leaderboards, but over some iterations I should be able to safeguard reasonably well against memory editing, which is what 99.9 % of cheaters use.

It was a few years ago now since I tinkered with the leaderboard part of the Steam SDK. Depending on what additional data you can send with a leaderboard entry, there might be some interesting things I could do.

Own

I'd say at least 4 areas are going to follow, maybe more.

Start: Pillar Mountains, Evergrind Forests / Fields.
First Wing: Pumpkin Woods, Flying Fortress.
Second Wing: Winter, Seasonne Temple.

We've seen Crystal Caves and Desert, which I imagine are the lead-ins to Wing 3 and Wing 4. Time Dungeon is probably in Wing 3, no idea what's finishing up in Wing 4. There's supposedly going to be a final dungeon, which will also likely have a lead-in area. That's at least 6 new areas. :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see additional between-areas as well.

http://www.gamewalkers.com/resources/games/images/secrets-grindea/world-map.jpg Judging by there being 16 areas sectioned off on the world map, it's possible we'll see 16 in total, but they could redraw the areas as they're filled in. :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.599fufu (Hotfix)

Summary: Hotfix due to a number of disruptive bugs! To fix the last one I had to do a bit of a structural change to the remote interaction with NPCs, which could've broken a ton of stuff. It shouldn't have, of course, but you know how it is!

Changes
  • The 'Charging Time' stat in the spell descriptions is now more consistent in its wording
Bug Fixes
  • The pet swap menu no longer looks goofy if you've caught all pets
  • The autumn orb in the left waterfall room in Temple of Seasons has been nerfed and can no longer trap players
  • The Snow Charm now works properly for clients
  • You can no longer gracefully step through the wooden fences to the far right of Muffin's shop
  • The Bossling no longer spirals into an existential crisis after murdering somebody with his dash in multiplayer
  • The Living Puzzle Block's multiplayer attack has been removed (the one creating fake game crash boxes)
  • The Plants and the Cloud have had their sensors upgraded, and can now sense the Living Puzzle Block
  • Equipped facegears should now show up for clients joining a game in progress
  • Shadow Clone no longer trigger the bells multiple times
  • The Ice fish now has its proper graphics in the inventory
  • Fixed an inventory bug when completing Santa's first quest
  • You can now disrespect the grieving faes by jamming out on their bells during the Temple of Seasons
  • Skipping cutscenes ending with a camera move no longer moves the camera to the top of the level while waiting for other players
  • Impatient clients should no longer cause the host to miss quest related dialogue

Own

Were the Winter Frostlings in Arcade given a buff to throw snowballs much more frequently and faster? I tried a Shadow Assassin build and they completely carved through so much of my HP, just trying to deal with the other enemies.

I managed to deal with them well enough, but Marino's blizzarding winds murdered me completely. That's suuuch a tiny space to fight in, and if you try to shield one of his combo attacks, well... you're going to get blizzarded while he's stunlocking you into keeping your shield up. RIP. :p I recorded that run, but it hardly seems worth uploading given that I died at Marino.

Also, is it intentional that you can get double rewards from all the chests via multiplayering, or is that just going to be fixed later?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
That's suuuch a tiny space to fight in, and if you try to shield one of his combo attacks, well... you're going to get blizzarded while he's stunlocking you into keeping your shield up. RIP. :p
A perfectly timed block should stop his stunlock combo. :p

Last edited:

Own

I've been trying, but you literally have a tiny cube to move around in. And you have to move constantly. Perfect blocking on the go is something I need to practice with. And if you fail to perfect guard 100% of the time, well... enjoy your massive Marino + blizzard combo damage. :p

Here, have a picture of the video for reference. Either my space or his is about to be blizzarded. I guess I need to try ASAP to kill him before the blizzards get out of control, maybe a Gale or Damage potion.

upload_2015-5-6_2-33-56.png

GarlicJelly

I've been trying, but you literally have a tiny cube to move around in. And you have to move constantly. Perfect blocking on the go is something I need to practice with. And if you fail to perfect guard 100% of the time, well... enjoy your massive Marino + blizzard combo damage. :p

Here, have a picture of the video for reference. Either my space or his is about to be blizzarded. I guess I need to try ASAP to kill him before the blizzards get out of control, maybe a Gale or Damage potion.

View attachment 542
That's a pretty tight spot to fight him in so killing him quickly and mastering the Perfect Block on his attacks seems like the only way of avoiding damage. You could try practice in Story Mode and just force yourself to try to stay in the same spot for as long as you can. Marino is actually one of the few enemies that I've had trouble with killing on Normal. I just can't beat him in my first try with my speedrun characters because I can't seem to get the timing right for his attacks. Good luck trying to figure out the best way of beating him. :p

Own

I'd love to practice in Story Mode, but Marino isn't in the Hall of Memories quite just yet.

I'm hoping he'll be added soon, at least. Even if he doesn't drop anything.

Hopefully the Season Hydras get added as well with drops. But that's less for practicing their Perfect Block and more for me wanting to get their little seasonal antler things as hats. Icicle antlers would be awesome.

GarlicJelly

I'd love to practice in Story Mode, but Marino isn't in the Hall of Memories quite just yet.

I'm hoping he'll be added soon, at least. Even if he doesn't drop anything.

Hopefully the Season Hydras get added as well with drops. But that's less for practicing their Perfect Block and more for me wanting to get their little seasonal antler things as hats. Icicle antlers would be awesome.
You can do what I did when Marino first came out. I saved a world file right before I fought him and after I'd beaten him I just loaded up the saved world file. It's not the best way of doing things but it's pretty much the only way unless you let him kill you so you can start the fight again. :p I can't wait until all the bosses get added to the Memory Room so I can practice them some more. :p

Own

Oof, yeah. The more I experiment with Shadowclone and Spirit Slash, the more I don't agree with some of the Winter Arcade changes. The Snow Frostlings move too fast, they attack too often and throw way too fast compared to before. You could see the snowball coming and sidestep it, even if you were fighting enemies. At least wisps didn't immediately run away from you, their shots weren't so fast you didn't have to constantly be moving to avoid them and perfect guarding them actually sent their shots back at them.

They've turned into mini-machinegunner bosslings that do a ton of damage, prevent you from focusing on any other enemy in the room and if they're hiding in a blizzard, good luck. :p Doubly so if the entire room is slippery, or a couple of Thuglings are barreling down on you.

At least with whirlslash I can charge into them and try to kill them without a bunch of other Winter mobs descending on me. I'm giving up on that build for now, if not due to the Snow Frostlings then because of Marino. I'll revisit it whenever Marino winds up in the Hall of Memory.