Version 0.611alabama

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Small thing on Hydra description:
Whoever writes these texts said:
The Season Hydras are ancient guardians [...] The Summer Hydra [...] The Autumn Hydra [...]

So, Hydra is (should be) a single monster with multiple heads. But this description sounds like each head is a separate Hydra. Is this intended? Should we tolerate this terrible misrepresentation?

JamesKT

Boar
That Autumn Knight sword. Hooooly crap. Looks like @JamesKT 's birthday came early this year.
Oh you already know...

I streamed the new content and reaching 100% and had the game crash on me twice in Temple of Seasons. The big gauntlet room before the ice puzzle. Had to farm for the Knight weapons in another room. As for everything that there was to offer, I thoroughly enjoyed this patch on Hard difficulty.

7c44858cb3c7142dd22f4d56f61b904d.png

Own

I'm willing to admit that I am just extremely lucky and get equipment and card drops like crazy. :) It could also be that my build lets me get cards much, much faster than anyone else due to ridiculous enemy killing. Weird that I got so many Winter's Bites in such a short amount of time, but it could've been a fluke.

My Whirlslash carves through so many enemies stupidly fast. :D

Oh, James, after my crash in that room I changed my strat. I'd go into the room, charge up gold whirl, kill them all in one second, go left, go right and repeat. Seems the perfect strategy for weapon grinding. Shame it's useless for speedruns. :p Where did you grind Spinsects at to get Big Crystals, though?

JamesKT

Boar
The room before Power Flower. Just exit up-down to have a Spinsect & Larvacid lined up to be destroyed. Spinsect might move but generally I found that room ideal for farming it in the long run. Funny thing is the Hat was the last thing I got. I was able to get all the cards before the hat. :p Those crystals are a pain to farm.

Own

Is it my imagination, or does Silver Whirlslash knock Spinsects out of their spinning animation but Gold Whirlslash just makes them bounce like crazy?

Own

Okay, I finally crafted the Crystal Hat and it's... literally identical to the Blue Slime Hat. o_O In the time it took me to get the Crystal Hat, I got 7 Spinsect Feelers, as well as a ridiculous number of enemy drops. This thing needs changing into... something?, to be worth all this grinding.

- A ridiculously large amount of defense, but a huge Attack / Cast Speed drop.
- Some set bonus thing. 'For every Spinsect / Crystal item you have equipped, grants +10% crit dmg' or something.
- Whirlslash charges faster? Like the stinger sword? I dunno.

Also, Hard Mode completed.

- Hard Spinsect challenge actually was really challenging! Felt really nice to play.
- Hard Flower battle felt a little bit harder, and I almost got low on HP near the end, but the constant health orbs ensured I was never at risk of actually dying. Maybe if I didn't have all the cards / best gear I would've gotten smashed once or twice. :p It's not like my character is broken from hundreds of pet levels or a too-high character level, though.

Last edited:

Own

Last one, probably.

"abondonment" upload_2016-2-15_12-8-47.png

Also: I think Larvacid's acid needs to vanish a bit more quickly than it currently does. Or it needs to vanish within a second or two after the Larvacid who spawned it dies. It's supposed to be an awkward obstacle to work around temporarily as you try to navigate your way to it or other enemies, right?

99% of the time when I take acid damage, it's not because it's a difficult hazard. It's because I'm bored of waiting because the acid has made a path clear across where I need to go, and I consider the acid damage a fair trade for my time. The 8-10 second wait for the acid trail takes foreeeeveeeeeeer. GOTTA GO FAST! :mad:

JamesKT

Boar
Bug Fixes (Alabama)
  • The Season Orb outside of Mt Bloom is no longer active from the beginning of the game
...Wait. THIS WAS A THING?! :O I couldn't test abuse for speedrunning... RIP!

EDIT: Is it wrong that I want Seasonne refights already? :p

Last edited:

Reikokaz

Green Slime
I've discovered 2 bugs:
1. Frosty Fiend doesn't get poisoned by Larvacid and Toxic Tulip
2. (unsure if it is a bug or i overreaded smth) 2nd Item quest @ Mount Bloom
Isn't it supposed to cost 1 gold to enter the cave? I did a test and it didn't drain me 1 Gold

JamesKT

Boar
2. (unsure if it is a bug or i overreaded smth) 2nd Item quest @ Mount Bloom
Isn't it supposed to cost 1 gold to enter the cave? I did a test and it didn't drain me 1 Gold
If you pay attention to the dialog the caveling gives up and abandons his post.

Slit08

Green Slime
Hi. I'm going to write down what I wrote on Vilya's blog:

"
Okay, small rant:

I'm frustrated a lot by that damn Power Plant. Keep in mind I'm playing on hard.
However u till now I always felt in these fights that I had a lot of control over the fights, I could always dodge any attacks and despite being challenged a lot it never felt cheap.
With this boss though it's a totally different story. This damn enemy, that actually isn't even a proper boss is too overwhelming. I think one thing could make it a lot better: Don't have these bouncing mushroom enemies spawn in this fight. When I foucs on all the plants which are a lot and can be hard to keep on bay all at the same time if they are growing all across the room these mushrooms keep ushing me around so that I cannot hit the flowers in time. Add to that a trizillion poison flowers on screen, pushing mushrooms attacking you and a spinsect which can be helpful but is hard to dodge if you have to take care of all the other stuff on screen. It feels too overwhelming and it takes away from the actual focus which is managing to keep all the flowers small. Sure the mushrooms can drop much needed health but they cause more harm than these orbs are worth.
So here's my suggestion based for hard difficulty: Get rid of the mushroom enemies here as they take away the focus on the actual gimmick of this fight. Instead let these poison spitting flowers drop health orbs once in a while.The spinsect can stay as it can help you a lot in the fight, it should be killed by the laser during these laser phases though as once again the focus should be on dodging the orbs while running away from the laser. And maybe let one or two less poison flowers spawn during the 2nd phase (though without the mushrooms that's maybe not needed; it should be tested with the same amount of poison flowers but without mushrooms first).
Right now it's what made a lot of the boss fights in Dark Souls 2 rather bad: too many minions (mushrooms) to artifically increase difficulty in a cheap way.

That being said though everything else I encountered so far is very nice, I liked the first challenge which only took me two tries on hard difficulty.
The visuals are nice, the new enemies are awesome.

Oh yeah maybe you can add more spund effects to the flute playing scene, the falling rocks during the Spinsect challenge and maybe add some sounds to the spinnsects spinning around and bouncing off walls.

Sorry if I sounded overly frustrated here. I just want to see these nice phase puzzles.

Another thing that could be discussed if it wouldn't be better if the Caveling tells us to collect three items and we as the player can choose which one we want to do first. A bit of non linearity might be nice.

So yeah please look into that boss fight again and make it without mushrooms both on normal and hard difficulty (instead if it becomes too easy on noral you could add one more poison flower spawning)."

Anyways I am fighting with a green laser sword. Don't know if this is too weak at this point.
Also I'm level 20 and have the Phaseman helmet.

TsReaper

Boar
Another thing that could be discussed if it wouldn't be better if the Caveling tells us to collect three items and we as the player can choose which one we want to do first. A bit of non linearity might be nice.
Actually it won't be so much fun if the caveling tells us he wants three items at the beginning. I...really had a mixed feeling when I finally discovered that the caveling was cheating our hero. So cunning but funny.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)

So yeah please look into that boss fight again and make it without mushrooms both on normal and hard difficulty (instead if it becomes too easy on noral you could add one more poison flower spawning)."
If you don't read the dialogue then that part must just be annoying but if you follow the whole conversation it's actually kind of funny and Bag's reaction matched mine perfectly. I thought it was quite enjoyable even though I hate running back and forth a lot.

odin

Green Slime
I'm curious to hear if this is happening to anyone else! I've double checked the drop rates on the weapons, and they are the same as the hats. 1 % that is! Also, the card drop rates in Mt Bloom is 1/300 for Shroomies, 1/100 for Larva, 1/200 for Flowers and 1/150 for Spinsects!

In other words, your numbers are super duper off. If there's a bug, it would be me somehow messing with the drop determination code itself! It kind of sounds like you've gotten 10x the drop rates on everything.

Did anyone else get the Mt Bloom cards and drops that quickly?

i got all cards after like 5 min, some on the fist mob lol :)

For the new weapons drop, took me 5 min too, to get the 3

After 4 hours of farming spinsect, didnt get a single drop of their last item :(
-could you guys tell me if its a boat or a bird? pls

Last edited:

JamesKT

Boar
Since Power Flower got brought up, I will say the fight for me on Hard took me two attempts. The fight is an endurance fight and a test of patience. This is basically Sentry 2.0 that actually feels threatening(On both difficulties; Not just Hard). I don't feel that the mechanics of Power Flower needs to change heavily. Perhaps some minor damage adjustments but that's about it. It's a very solid fight.

odin

Green Slime
I totally agree with james, the fight wasnt that overhelming, even on hard difficulty, the mushroom (helping to stay alive since they drop hp) shouldnt be taken off from the fight i think

Own

1. Frosty Fiend doesn't get poisoned by Larvacid and Toxic Tulip

Frosty Friend is immune to most every form of non-direct damage.

Oh yeah maybe you can add more spund effects to the flute playing scene, the falling rocks during the Spinsect challenge and maybe add some sounds to the spinnsects spinning around and bouncing off walls.

You're on the unstable build, assets are missing. :p Sounds mainly.

Also, I agree, Power Flower is fine on Hard.

Drover15

Green Slime
Hey I'm getting a bug where I'm making a new character and I get to the naming part but everytime I type a letter it gets doubled... I feel like it's not that big of a deal to be worth making a whole post about it so I'm just popping it on here :) I've checked to see if Numlock of Caps Lock had to do with it and it's still doing it