Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I just purchased the Rabby tier pre-order, but i don't where to find it. A little help?
If you bought it from their website then Humble Bundle should have sent you 2 emails. One with the reciept and one with a link to your steam key/download page for the DRM free version. :)

Samaron

Green Slime
Hello!

So I was wondering if you will release the full story all at once or just one quest at a time. This goes for both the stable and the frontline beta.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey, I find a lot of tool tips unclear of what they are actually doing due to lack of a lot of information on how skills and talents interact with each other. How you going to approach this? I can do some maths and guess by looking at my damage however I'd really appreciate some kind of general information sheet somewhere in game or on the forum to confirm my hypotheses.

We're doing our best to make stuff as clear as possible inside the game, so if you have a suggestion for a change somewhere feel free to suggest it!

At some point I might use some of my free time to add some hard found details to the community Wiki if people haven't managed to data mine it. This point will likely be towards the end of development, though, or at least when it's very unlikely there will be major changes! Reason being that me spending dev time on doing these tasks is a questionable investments most players won't get anything out of, so if there's a high risk of that same info getting outdated on top of that, I'd rather wait for a bit! I do fully sympathize with your hunger for detailed data, though :D

is it too early to ask when mods may come out? i know it isn't easy to do all those animations, but surely someone can. also, should this be made into a thread discussion?

There are no plans currently to add official mod support, but I know a couple of users have been interested to add it unofficially, which we have no problem with as long as third party users are well informed of any potential risks!

also, about essence, under what circumstances exactly does one obtain it? it seems i have to go on an attack streak to get it as a drop

They drop randomly sometimes when defeating bosses, and also when there's nothing else to grant from the item pool.

So I was wondering if you will release the full story all at once or just one quest at a time. This goes for both the stable and the frontline beta.

It's going to get released bit by bit on both branches! Smaller bits on frontline, though.

Kheb

Green Slime
We're doing our best to make stuff as clear as possible inside the game, so if you have a suggestion for a change somewhere feel free to suggest it!

At some point I might use some of my free time to add some hard found details to the community Wiki if people haven't managed to data mine it. This point will likely be towards the end of development, though, or at least when it's very unlikely there will be major changes! Reason being that me spending dev time on doing these tasks is a questionable investments most players won't get anything out of, so if there's a high risk of that same info getting outdated on top of that, I'd rather wait for a bit! I do fully sympathize with your hunger for detailed data, though :D

Hey, thank you for replying :D! I can totally understand your priorities. Though, on the Technical Questions thread I've created there are some questions that are quite important for the Melee vs Magic discussion. If you could provide me the current frame data of attacks, skills and spells, clarifications on Talents and how Talents and Skills/Spell interact (mathematically) I'd be very happy to provide you with good supported meta data and suggestions changes on balance, workings and needs of the game. I also see big Arena (PvP) potential in this game, though it needs some refinement first and give players the ability to improve their play more in dept on builds, strategies, momentum and overall APM.

Edit: A lot of skills state that they'll deal more damage (like Piercing Dash) on higher ranks. I'd really like to see some better explanations, how much is 'more damage' etc?

Blade Flurry says that it'll deal critical damage on Silver Charge. Immediate questions that rise in me are: Do I deal 100%+Brutality bonus damage? Can I crit that damage?

These are a few examples of unclear tooltips I'm talking about.

The respective threads (also in my signature):
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-discuss-talents.5257/
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/some-technical-questons.5182/

Here I am criticizing the mechanics of Spell casting, something that I'd really like your opinions on.
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...w-to-improve-those-and-enhance-gameplay.5262/

Thanks in advance,

Kheb.

Last edited:

Tribunal

Green Slime
I am wondering if there is a plan to implement a multiplayer lobby.

As in, being able to play with people who are not in my friends list.

If the question has been asked and answered, I apologize.

Also if I could make a suggestion, maybe some events in the future that would allow more than four players. Such as an Arcade mode that allowed two teams to battle each other room to room.

Either way.. Much love and thank you so much for this game. It is a childhood dream come true.

Pluckerpluck

Green Slime
I don't know how actively this is monitored but here's my question:

I'm looking at potentially buying this game. But I have a tendency to burn myself out on games that add story after I've played them. So my question is whether the story is being added progressively (i.e. all new content comes after the current content) or whether it's being added retrospectively (ala Starbound).

If the story is going to continually progress from this point I have no issues playing the game now. I know I'll get to a point, can take a break, and then continue. But if I continue past a point I find it had to come back just to follow the story.

So I'm wondering if I should get the game now or later?

Also, if you can answer, what percentage of the game development would you say is remaining. Beyond more story, what's left to arrive.

Tribunal

Green Slime
I don't know how actively this is monitored but here's my question:

I'm looking at potentially buying this game. But I have a tendency to burn myself out on games that add story after I've played them. So my question is whether the story is being added progressively (i.e. all new content comes after the current content) or whether it's being added retrospectively (ala Starbound).

If the story is going to continually progress from this point I have no issues playing the game now. I know I'll get to a point, can take a break, and then continue. But if I continue past a point I find it had to come back just to follow the story.

So I'm wondering if I should get the game now or later?

Also, if you can answer, what percentage of the game development would you say is remaining. Beyond more story, what's left to arrive.

Even though I am not a developer, I can tell you a bit that might help you make up your mind.

The story mode is about 4 hours to complete, if you ignore side quests. It took me an additional 6 hours to complete the side, but that may be different for you depending on your skill level and if you know how to read quest hints better than I.

There is a bunch left to do, with frequent updates - depending on if you get the "Unstable" version not released to all. That being said, the story is progressive. In the sense that I cannot even complete the last quest until they input the next patched levels. So no having to go backwards in story to go through more detail.

The arcade alone should be enough for you to buy this. It is Rougelite and has that random flair, with a bunch of quests to keep you going.

As far as what is coming, there are 8 levels in Arcade and plans to make that number 24 I believe. The Story in the end they said should take 30 something hours to complete.

Once again, this is limited knowledge but what I do know so far.

Great price and I love the game.

satch4684

Green Slime
great job! apparently the game is quite amazing because I am already playing it way too much.

I have a stupid question to ask about the skills screen, what are the yellow crystals for? All the skills cost either the purple orbs or blue crystals...

GarlicJelly

great job! apparently the game is quite amazing because I am already playing it way too much.

I have a stupid question to ask about the skills screen, what are the yellow crystals for? All the skills cost either the purple orbs or blue crystals...
That's a common misconception. When a skill reaches lvl 5 (Silver Charge) it can only be upgraded with the Gold points. You can try using the /respec command in the chat if you want to try out the different skills (I'm guessing you've put a few points into a lot of skills instead of focusing on one or two). :)

satch4684

Green Slime
yeah I did sort of, I already spent gold to h
(I'm guessing you've put a few points into a lot of skills instead of focusing on one or two). :)

oh ok, thanks, yes I did, last time I played actually I used the refund all skill points from one ability and am thinking of doing the same with another. it seems not, but do enemies have elemental weakness/resistance?

GarlicJelly

yeah I did sort of, I already spent gold to h

oh ok, thanks, yes I did, last time I played actually I used the refund all skill points from one ability and am thinking of doing the same with another. it seems not, but do enemies have elemental weakness/resistance?
I think the devs were planning on having elemental resistance but decided against it to allow players to use whatever build they want. :)

satch4684

Green Slime
cool thanks again, especially with the vast differences in the way the spells work (lightning vs fire) I figured that was the case. seems like a good idea, and not like it hasn't been done to death in every rpg anyway.

Kaiszer

Green Slime
I'm positive that somebody else has asked this already, but, what's the max % for the moment? I got everything(I guess) in the game, but I'm still missing 2% for 100% completion. Does Arcade trophies influence somehow?

There's another question. It's possible to drop Mountain Boots from Pillar Mountains fishing spot, so, did somebody else drop any other equipments or rare items from other fishing spots as well? I've been fishing in other places for a while, but I couldn't get anything else than fishes...

Thank you.

Last edited:

ExploBanana

Green Slime
I have a question. I'm very new to being a beta tester, but will u ever stop the beta and finish the game? Because if the beta testers have already played through the game they will know everything thats going to happen. And it wont be very exciting if we know everything.

GarlicJelly

I'm positive that somebody else has asked this already, but, what's the max % for the moment? I got everything(I guess) in the game, but I'm still missing 2% for 100% completion. Does Arcade trophies influence somehow?

There's another question. It's possible to drop Mountain Boots from Pillar Mountains fishing spot, so, did somebody else drop any other equipments or rare items from other fishing spots as well? I've been fishing in other places for a while, but I couldn't get anything else than fishes...

Thank you.
100% is the max right now. Here's a list that might help you figure out what you're missing. :) http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...ur-secrets-of-grindea-purchase.178/#post-8895

I don't think there is any other place where you can fish for equipment. I've at least never found any.

I have a question. I'm very new to being a beta tester, but will u ever stop the beta and finish the game? Because if the beta testers have already played through the game they will know everything thats going to happen. And it wont be very exciting if we know everything.
The beta will continue all the way until the game is completed (I'm assuming at least since the devs haven't said anything different). If you don't want to beta test the end of the Story mode then just leave the game and come back when the game is finished. :)

Kaiszer

Green Slime
100% is the max right now. Here's a list that might help you figure out what you're missing. :) http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...ur-secrets-of-grindea-purchase.178/#post-8895

I've done everything from that list :( (except for all of the Arcade trophies)

I've talked to every NPC, crafted everything, dropped everything, got all the cards, killed all enemies on Hard, collected all treasures, but I still miss those 2%... all I can think of is that I'm missing the access to these places(inside red squares), but I thought that their access weren't implemented yet, so, anyway:

sample.jpg
1 - Trunk at Seasonne.
2 - Right Wall inside Temple of Seasons' main room.
3 - A cave to the right from the cave with the hole and Stone for the puzzle below, at Seasonne.

Is there any way to access (any of) them? Send me a PM if you wish, to avoid spoilers to the others.

Oh yeah, as you can see, I also posted an image from that 'Perfect Guard' test room, found inside the Flying Fortress. There are 4 'check' squares, apparently, but only one is lightened up. Is there any way to lighten up the other ones, or are they just scenario?

Thanks.

Last edited:

CatBug

Rabby
I've done everything from that list :( (except for all of the Arcade trophies)

I've talked to every NPC, crafted everything, dropped everything, got all the cards, killed all enemies on Hard, collected all treasures, but I still miss those 2%... all I can think of is that I'm missing the access to these places(inside red squares), but I thought that their access weren't implemented yet, so, anyway:

1 - Trunk at Seasonne.
2 - Right Wall inside Temple of Seasons' main room.
3 - A cave to the right from the cave with the hole and Stone for the puzzle below, at Seasonne.

Is there any way to access (any of) them? Send me a PM if you wish, to avoid spoilers to the others.

Oh yeah, as you can see, I also posted an image from that 'Perfect Guard' test room, found inside the Flying Fortress. There are 4 'check' squares, apparently, but only one is lightened up. Is there any way to lighten up the other ones, or are they just scenario?

Thanks.

<<<SPOILER?>>>

I believe they are inaccessable, and the 1/4 checkmarks is for multiplayer. (Up to 4 players)