Version 0.612d

res7less

Jumpkin
All Rock Fishes in the player inventory should've become Salmon
What is this sorcery? :D I didn't check that yet, but I sure will. I'm sure it was Katarina, who secretly stole the Rock Fishes and replaced them with Salmon. That devious maid!

subaru313

Rabby
When being hinted towards someone who is good and breaking stuff, I was actually completely convinced that Luke would be the one smashing that thing. I was kinda disappointed it wasn't him. I think he should at least have a dialogue with some excuse for not being the crystal master blaster, which should also hint towards the stonecutter and her whereabouts.

I did exactly the same :D
Without the hints in the journal Belmont's would've been the last place I searched for the mysterious stonebreaker (honestly, I didn't even think of her even though she's been working away at the HQ all the time^^)
It would be nice if Luke said something fitting to the quest. I'm sure many player look for him first because he smashed up the boxing machine at the festival so splendidly.

res7less

Jumpkin
Without the hints in the journal Belmont's would've been the last place I searched for the mysterious stonebreaker (honestly, I didn't even think of her even though she's been working away at the HQ all the time^^)
I actually knew that the stonecutter was at Belmont's, I just totally didn't think of her as someone reknown for smashing things, so she wasn't in my mind at all when I was thinking about someone fitting.

It would be nice if Luke said something fitting to the quest. I'm sure many player look for him first because he smashed up the boxing machine at the festival so splendidly.
He could be feeling a little down since Marino left with his father for the Merchant Isles - I'm sure Vilya would like that explanation for him not wanting to smash stuff. He could even mention that he postponed his S-rank mission because of that.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
0.612b Hotfix

Fixed some bugs of varying severity, and nabbed @res7less's idea of giving Luke a line regarding the stonecutter quest! I also made it so Marino has gone away on his trip if you return to HQ in the middle of Mt Bloom.

Changes
  • Luke was given a few lines of dialogue for the 'Crystal Clear'-quest
Bug Fixes
  • The vegetation outside the optional Trick Phasing lobby is now on the correct layer
  • Fixed some issues with multiplayer in the northern Trick Phasing room (with the sparks and rails)
  • Steve's pickaxe should no longer reappear after being picked up
  • Fixed a bunch of spelling errors

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Personally, having played the big phase puzzle room now, I think the last challenge with the barrels on rails seems a little random and less civilised than the other two. For me, it seemed more of a "spam the space bar somewhat systematically and hope" rather than a strategic timing exercise.

Otherwise, I loved the rest of the update! Most puzzles were really tricky, although one required a couple frame-accurate timings, which I wasn't a fan of, especially when you're under a time pressure because you'll get electrocuted out of the barrel in the next instant. This one:

Frames.png

[Edit]: Just realised Steam decided not to download the hotfix, so if either of those have been adjusted, my apologies.

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Seen as I can't post images directly onto a status comment...

@subaru313
Just spent hours trying to figure out how to get to that last chest in Mt Bloom without success...
Then my brother came in and I asked him to have a look -> puzzle solved in half a minute. I feel a little stupid XD

Did that happen to be this one here?
difficult.png

If so (or even if not) I can understand why people might have an issue with the diagonal phasing - I certainly did at the start of Mt. Bloom. The reason it's kinda weird is because the mirrors are drawn from a different angle to the barrels. While the barrels have a perfect (or almost perfect) octagon shape on top (showing that they're almost top down), the mirrors are drawn from a slightly different, lower down perspective, as they have a rhombus rather than a square shape on top.

The trouble is, I bet those mirrors look odd/out of place when drawn with a square on top. So it's a battle between playability and looks... depending on how many people find it difficult, that is. It's also gonna be a lot of work to change it over to square tops as well.

Also, a missed opportunity for a reference (or the phrasing is too american):

glass slippers.png

Why not add a reference to the folk tale of Cinderella and her glass slippers? It would be even more fitting if you only got one of them and perhaps you have to find the other, or wait for your "Prince/Princess Charming" (clearly Marino) to bring it back to you.

res7less

Jumpkin
Why not add a reference to the folk tale of Cinderella and her glass slippers? It would be even more fitting if you only got one of them and perhaps you have to find the other, or wait for your "Prince/Princess Charming" (clearly Marino) to bring it back to you.
I sure tried talking to the two snobs on Belmont's roof while wearing those to see their reaction. But it looks like they're only drawn to crowns. But yeah, Cinderella was also my first association when receiving those. A funny pun would be if the birds at Pidgey's wouldn't fly away when wearing those, but stalk the wearer instead :D Maybe help the player to craft something.

Edit: Ooohhh...and if the player has currently the Jumpkin pet active...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I sure tried talking to the two snobs on Belmont's roof while wearing those to see their reaction. But it looks like they're only drawn to crowns. But yeah, Cinderella was also my first association when receiving those. A funny pun would be if the birds at Pidgey's wouldn't fly away when wearing those, but stalk the wearer instead :D
Oh wow, played all this time and never bothered to experiment with different hats with those two. GG, G, GG

Yeah, that's a great idea xD Also, I'd love it if they clicked on hard ground like heels do. That'd be interesting - hats that you can see, and shoes that make your steps sound different! A design renovation is needed!

PerPanicz

Green Slime
Hi, guys. Could you tell me what am I missing? I got stuck at 98% completion of the game. Before the update I had 100%. I really don't know what I could miss. I think I have everything; shoes, hat, weapon, both weapons (Pickaxe and Magic Mushroom), armor (Lab Coat), Phase Resequencer. I also did all of the new quests (if I'm not mistaken); Pet Detective, Steve Gets Fired and Crystal Clear. Fishing trophy is done.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hi, guys. Could you tell me what am I missing? I got stuck at 98% completion of the game. Before the update I had 100%. I really don't know what I could miss. I think I have everything; shoes, hat, weapon, both weapons (Pickaxe and Magic Mushroom), armor (Lab Coat), Phase Resequencer. I also did all of the new quests (if I'm not mistaken); Pet Detective, Steve Gets Fired and Crystal Clear. Fishing trophy is done.

Gas mask? Mushroom hat?

subaru313

Rabby
@subaru313
Did that happen to be this one here?
It certainly was :D
Did you got stuck there too?

I sure tried talking to the two snobs on Belmont's roof while wearing those to see their reaction. But it looks like they're only drawn to crowns. But yeah, Cinderella was also my first association when receiving those. A funny pun would be if the birds at Pidgey's wouldn't fly away when wearing those, but stalk the wearer instead :D Maybe help the player to craft something.

I totally agree - that's too fun an item to leave out on the jokes :p

Yeah, that's a great idea xD Also, I'd love it if they clicked on hard ground like heels do. That'd be interesting - hats that you can see, and shoes that make your steps sound different! A design renovation is needed!

I would also love a design renovation. Everytime a new shiny equipment item drops that isn't weapon, shield, or hat/facegear, I keep thinking - how awesome would that look on your character :D
Shoes/Accessoires are probably way too tiny to be depicted but I would love to see the armors. The idea of having the shoes make different sounds is really cool :D

Elswor

Rabby
"A small input buffer has been added to autoattacks, making chaining them easier and reducing the feeling of the game 'eating' inputs"

Oh god, this alone made my day.

Now I can take full advantage of that backhand swing talent without needing to constantly adjust my timing every time my attack speed goes up by a few points during Berserker.

Edit:
Also, I'm guessing you weren't supposed to brute force the room with all of the large crystals. I uh, sort of realized this after I got the pickaxe.

I only managed to brute force it by stacking as much attack speed as possible on a 1h weapon, and diving in and out of the poison early on. The last stretch was rough, but thankfully there was a health orb crystal placed conveniently towards the end. I made it to the chest with roughly ~10% HP? Haha.

Last edited:

Own

More reports:

The new Resequencer item doesn't unlock in Arcade after you get it in Story. You can only use it during the Gundam battle, but still would be nice to have. :)

Furthermore, the Resequencer doesn't save your preferred beam appearance between sessions. Which means it's a bit useless as-is, you Phase infrequently enough to never think about changing your beam every session. Should be set to remember your preference.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v56468707 - 8:41:00 Power flower now unable to be completed in co-op? Or local co-op? In local co-op P1 killed PF while P2 was dead, with several mushrooms on screen. The mushrooms froze and faced the screen, unable to be interacted with. The PF remained dead, P2 remained dead, both entrances still blocked.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v56468707 - 8:56:24, some strange out of bounds phasing glitch going on here. Next room loads while P2 is still twirling in the phase barrel.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v56468707 - 9:31:55, chicken feeding is weird, feedables aren't showing up or being selected properly.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v56468707 - 10:59:00, picking up the snowflake charm in local co-op freezes the game for... some reason?

The giant crystal poison tunnel can be cheesed in co-op by having 1 person go down, break crystals, then return to be revived over and over until a path to the chest is available. Boo. :p

In the Collector's HQ ScienceRoom, everyone except Dad appears to be missing. Not sure when this happens. After the festival, maybe? They're gone up to the end of the current story content.

A lot of people want to pay the 10,000 gold fee to just get past the Caveling, and don't know why the game won't let them. My suggestion? Have him demand (CurrentGold+1) before you get the quest to go in there. Every time you get more gold, the number is still just 1 out of reach. That seems appropriately infuriating for the Cavelings. :) He can go back to demanding 10,000 when you actually need to go in.

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
He can go back to demanding 10,000 when you actually need to go in.
Or go something like:

Caveling: You can only enter if you give me [current gold +1] gold!
Bag: Hmm... I'll do you 1 gold.
Caveling: How about [10-20% of current gold]!
Bag: 2 gold.
Caveling: [1-5% of current gold]!
Bag: 3 gold.
Caveling: 1 gold!
Bag: Deal!

Or however it goes :p