Version 0.599i (+ivy+inca+ipman+irl)

IHeartPie

Halloweed
Found 2 bugs during my livestream:

Gold level smash locks enemies in invulnerable state:
@1:42:34

Plants damages Cheesecake. Not sure if they have some kind of rivalry or something, but pretty sure that's not supposed to happen xD.
@1:19:00

Own

Berserker Style seems to have gotten a stealth nerf? I no longer recover EP when using other skills that hit withit. But Berserker+Whirlslash was pretty strong, so I guess this was inevitable. :p

Trying to get confirmation on this. Is it intentional that hitting with skills no longer gives back EP?

Because if so Berserker got a lot less viable as a skill, if you constantly end up at 0 EP and have to continuously hit enemies in order to be able to use even a bronze skill charge. Unless it is intended to be primarily a +Basic DMG skill.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I believe if you take damage while halfway through a gold-charge Whirlslash it completely negates the damage on the enemies. It's also become a lot less viable as an arcade skill because of this, and also because if enemies take the required damage to die, they stay alive until the last hit from the slash, meaning silver charge+ is almost not worth it, because it'll give you a kick in your time score.

Own

How did you get a gold charge of Whirlslash in Arcade Mode? I didn't think you got enough points for that.

I do wish that the timer for Arcade rooms stopped the very instant all enemy HP = 0, though. Many enemies have a LONG death animation, yeti in particular.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Trying to get confirmation on this. Is it intentional that hitting with skills no longer gives back EP?

This is intentional, and I think that particular decision is correct. If the EP management needs a buff, it should be with something else. Reasoning for this is that you load up on EP in order to get skills off, and its a bit weird that you get EP back for using EP, and also that it's based on number of hits! Gold charge spin cost something like 10EP when abilities triggered the EP regen.

Three ways to improve EP management would be: more EP gain per hit, less EP decay, or that EP decay stops for a moment after using a skill/hitting with one.

I believe if you take damage while halfway through a gold-charge Whirlslash it completely negates the damage on the enemies.

Ack, that's a bug! The skill tracks enemies hits and kills them if further hits doesn't connect, but what probably happens here is that the skill is forcibly destroyed when the player gets knocked out of its animation, skipping this rather crucial code path.

Own

This is intentional, and I think that particular decision is correct. If the EP management needs a buff, it should be with something else. Reasoning for this is that you load up on EP in order to get skills off, and its a bit weird that you get EP back for using EP, and also that it's based on number of hits! Gold charge spin cost something like 10EP when abilities triggered the EP regen.

That's fine with me, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch. It does make Berserker a solo-use skill that turns you into a glass cannon in my opinion, though. +DMG, +CRIT, +ATKSPD, -DEF, -EP. The only place I could see you maybe using another skill in conjunction with it is Arcade Mode, where you get your EP back when moving from room to room.

Maybe getting the +EP-back-on-strike talent would help with 2-skill viability, or +CastSpeed talents. I find it difficult to get up to Silver Charge in other talents before my EP dips below the Silver Charge. As it stands, I reccomend Spirit Potions for anyone running Berserker. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It does make Berserker a solo-use skill that turns you into a glass cannon in my opinion, though.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'd prefer it if this wasn't the case... we'll try to come up with something! It's tough since if it's too swift and easy to get EP for them skills, I think Berserker very quickly becomes a bit too good.

One slightly weird buff might be to massively decrease weapon skill cast times while in Berserker mode, so that they become either instant or near instant. Perhaps they insta-charge up to the current charge of Berserker. Charging up skills neither synergize well with the mechanics nor the idea of an unstoppable barrage!

Own

I think getting a combo of +CastSpeed that builds up per hit might not be such a bad idea, either. Perhaps something that's lost once you take a hit? Though the idea of insta-charging skills is much more intriguing, but I only say that because I like potentially breakable builds. ;)

Zarphie

Green Slime
Hey i got a question why do i dont have the goldcharge and the other stuff avaible?
Is it cause i play on steam?

Quick question, am I going to be allowed to keep all the gold/loot/cards I get using /skillpoint? I only ask because Im ridiculously OP "I have made myself a vessel for darkness, and blood, so much blood" <------penny arcade quote

Last edited:
Found two bugs, first, I found when you enter buildings sometimes it will exit you automatically. Second, when you are opening multiple presents sometimes it will stop letting you open them.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Quick question, am I going to be allowed to keep all the gold/loot/cards I get using /skillpoint? I only ask because Im ridiculously OP "I have made myself a vessel for darkness, and blood, so much blood" <------penny arcade quote

Yeah, the gained skillpoints are just regular ones, so the game will treat them as any other. If you want to go back to playing within the supposed restrictions, for now you'll have to refund everything with /respec and then just allocate the amount of skills you normally would've gotten!

If you want to experiment with the cheat commands without "tainting" your character, I recommend following Own's example and having one save slot for your "true main" and a second for going all out with cheating!

Yeah, the gained skillpoints are just regular ones, so the game will treat them as any other. If you want to go back to playing within the supposed restrictions, for now you'll have to refund everything with /respec and then just allocate the amount of skills you normally would've gotten!

If you want to experiment with the cheat commands without "tainting" your character, I recommend following Own's example and having one save slot for your "true main" and a second for going all out with cheating!
Cool. I assume you will be taking away the extra skill points sometime in the future?

Own

Cool. I assume you will be taking away the extra skill points sometime in the future?

It's your save file, if you want to make a cheaty character it's not like the devs can stop you. :p It's really best to just make a copy of your main save file, save that in slot 2 and go wild with it.

It's your save file, if you want to make a cheaty character it's not like the devs can stop you. :p It's really best to just make a copy of your main save file, save that in slot 2 and go wild with it.
Aww man, I think its too late to do that since I already added the extra skill points =(

Crazyfighter

Green Slime
The introduction of Frosty Friend say that i cannot desummon my snowman while it is knocked out! But i can do it .
And the gold charge of snowman often stuck by the Hallweed.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The introduction of Frosty Friend say that i cannot desummon my snowman while it is knocked out! But i can do it .
And the gold charge of snowman often stuck by the Hallweed.

You're not supposed to be able to give him commands when he's knocked out, but a bug allows you to do all kinds of things :D

It'll be fixed in the upcoming hotfix!