Version 0.670a

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
So, here we go. A bug which involves the water level raising when you teleport back to the present and an out of bounds clip used to get one of the Emblems without having to solve the puzzle. The clip can be performed in both the past and the present and doesn't actually require any boxes to be moved. You can also use it to skip the initial cutscene entirely, and do weird stuff like push boxes around while they're floating. It's kinda funny.

I decided to assemble these into a glitched speedrun route that cuts out quite a bit of time. I hesitate to teleport after pushing the boxes but there's no need to.

There's a reason I always dodging strike upward when doing the clip. If you strike upwards, it puts you close enough to the stairs to correct you to the bottom layer but far away enough from them that you don't hit the trigger that puts you back in bounds again. In both situations I use the clip, it's necessary to be on the bottom layer.

In addition, I present the easiest out of bounds clip in the game! Doesn't even require dodging strike - simply walk through these trees in the present and you're OOB. Doesn't work in the past, sadly.

trees.png

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Bran Di is called "loony bin" in one dialogue. That translates more like "nuthouse" than "crazy person". Not sure if it's a proper word to call someone.

That looks to be the case! I'll think of another word for it, and the intended meaning is indeed "crazy person".

What exactly is "Peron Wheat" from Peron Wheat Ale?

Could either be a type of wheat, or wheat ale from Peron! You can name it whatever. Wheat ale is just ale made from wheat! Anyone who's played Stardew Valley knows this is the real $$$$ cash crop skrilla machine.

For some reason, in translation files dialogues "Rikku01" and "Maya01" are the same, but with different face.

Ahh, yes, this is probably an artifact left after the dialogue between Rikku and her mother replaced the need for a standalone Rikku-face. It's a decoy!

Word "timeline" is used a lot, to distinguish "past timeline" and "current timeline". I think that timeline is a word for single plot of events, with past, present and future. Multiple timelines are rather a thing of parallel universes. So it should say "past times"/"present times" instead. Not sure if anyone would care though.

Yeah, I agree, I use the word because it sounds better to alternate terms a bit, and I think/hope most people just get what it means without reflecting on the intricacies.

Although there might or might not appear a lore text somewhere giving a pseudo-science-magic "explanation" of time travel where the real meaning of timeline might actually be applicable...

Jargalo

Rabby
YES! finally, an update!
1. Ok, so after finishing the main questline, I found only some minor graphical bugs (mostly involving my pet chicken layering strangely over stuff) and also what I noticed in the included picture; (Kinton appearing to have Faita's Ponytail)
2. Probably just my terrible computer, but I started lagging something awful during the second half of the Giant Thorn Worm battle, all the way through Zhamla's cutscene. It stopped when I reloaded my game.
3. Will your next step be making more main quest stuff, side quest/crafting/fishing etc. for frontline or will you focus on updating to stable for Tai Ming?
4. When can we expect the music to come out? I really want to get my hands on Zhamla's theme...
5. Is it even possible to get that chest in Puzzle World's art room? I spent a good 15 minutes rearranging things to try and open it.

Attachments

• 20161104170542_1.jpg
    20161104170542_1.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 10

res7less

Jumpkin
Due to unforeseen consequences of one event happening earlier than I planned and another later than I anticipated, a gap of about 4 hours formed within my schedule, part of which I spent to satisfy my eagerness to play through the last release. While I still can't start translating before Monday, I now at least can give some feedback.

It took me about 1 hour 20 minutes to complete, but only because I'm playing thoroughly, trying to solve all things, find all secrets and interact with all NPCs (and not just because I will have to translate it - that's usually how I play games I like). Unfortunately, I appear to have a very boring system, that doesn't cause any bugs, glitches, or crashes which is why I don't really have much to report. Maybe it's also because I'm a tad late to complete it, or maybe it's also because my general playstyle doesn't involve trying to find those, but rather just enjoying the game the way it's intended to be played (yeah, when playing for the first time I'm a damn casual). Too bad that leaves me with only few things to contribute.

What I can say though is that, as in Tai Ming's part one, I loved all the details and artwork. Due to the zone having two alternate appearances, it's also double the work of every other zone. So because of that, and probably some other factors, it's not a surprise it takes that long to complete. But as with part one, the wait was worth it.

What I was missing a bit are name puns. Either my perception has waned or there weren't as many as there were in the first zone and the rest of the game. Chances are I will encounter them when translating and facepalm partially because it's probably so obvious that I didn't notice and partially because puns are dumb and I love them for that reason. In any case Reiko is still my favourite as it's apart from being a pun, actually a legit name.

What I also liked was meeting Tannie and the guy who still can't decide what his name should be (Kaiden/Kailan - I think Own mentioned his introduction). That was one of those moments when I entered the area, saw the teleport plates and people around it and thought "Wait, is that...?", immediately running there and talking to Tannie, which confirmed my thought. So, yeah, that was pretty neat.

Meeting all the characters from past 1 (I'll just pretend this was a typo) with signs of age was also very cool. That update also confirmed one of my theories and gave hints for another theory I have been having for a while but didn't write about yet as I didn't think there was anything to it. I have to say I'm reeeaally enjoying the lore of this game. At first everything is silly and wacky, but things are actually being explained and make sense. I also like the bittersweet taste the events in Tai Ming have been leaving so far and I'm very much looking forward to how the plot will develop based on the story.

Own

What I was missing a bit are name puns. Either my perception has waned or there weren't as many as there were in the first zone and the rest of the game.

Tonique the Potion Seller - Tonic.

Igor - Frankenstein Reference.

Dr. Papa Guard - Father of all the guards.

Maya - Endlessly eating noodles, could be a reference to the perpetually eating Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright?

Nolea - Crosscode Lea.

Moniplyx - Money, please.

res7less

Jumpkin
I actually only meant the puns, not the references. Also I remember a caveling who wields a hammer being a pun, but it's still not very many. Maybe it's better that way as Tai Ming's past gets more melancholic as you venture deeper into it, who knows.

res7less

Jumpkin
If you return the ball to Miki, she will give you Thorn-Worm Plushie.
I see. She seemed to have fun, so I didn't want to ruin it by chopping down the tree. I didn't expect being mean to little girls being part of the gameplay :p

res7less

Jumpkin
Looks like I got something after all (happened accidentally).

In this case it's not a big deal as nothing breaks when this happens but in some other case it might get the player stuck. Also there is no more chest in the past (not even an open one), but a closed one in the present.

Edit: Actually, it does break something slightly. Using a rift that way appears to make the charging effect of Spirit Slash (and probably some other spells) stay on the layer the rift was entered from:

20161107213656_1.jpg

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
With the dodging strike clip I showed earlier you can actually start the initial cutscene from under the bridge which is quite amusing I must say. Also, someone else has reported that already. Oh well, if neither of us can find it I guess it doesn't hurt to repost :p

res7less

Jumpkin
With the dodging strike clip I showed earlier you can actually start the initial cutscene from under the bridge which is quite amusing I must say. Also, someone else has reported that already. Oh well, if neither of us can find it I guess it doesn't hurt to repost :p
Pshhhht... don't ruin my feeling of being useful :D Also, what about the chest? Was that reported as well?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
This chest isn't supposed to be in the past. You have to place a block in that spot, so the future chest that appears will float on the block and you can access it.

res7less

Jumpkin
This chest isn't supposed to be in the past. You have to place a block in that spot, so the future chest that appears will float on the block and you can access it.
I already did that.

Edit: I see, when the water is up in the past, the chest floats open in the present. When the water is down in the past, the chest appears as in my clip in the present. It should appear as open, though.

Last edited:

res7less

Jumpkin
Cutscene_FirstBack01b, 15 of 16 has no single player condition and will always be referring to "kids".